Pink toe tarantula help....

Danielhobbs1123

Arachnopeon
Wow. Im actually impressed. All of the stores around me are terrible. I go inside to get stuff there and almost always walk out with a pet that I feel like I've just 'rescued'.

Almadabes

Arachnoknight
Wow. Im actually impressed. All of the stores around me are terrible.
Ive been pretty impressed by my local shops. Things seem to be getting better here.

Even the local Petsmart has surpized me with how good their setup is. (Going against corporate care sheets i see 😉).

My biggest nono is a local reptile shop. Theyre a pretty big deal around here and alot of herp people swear by them so criticizing their care just leads to fan boy hate.

Brachy and Aphonopelma slings in these delicups that are wayyy to wet for desert new worlds. In some cups the slings are crawling on the walls cause the soil is burried under a cm of standing water and mold.

Adults they keep with sponges and heating pads.

I Wonder why in their opinon the slings need standing water but adults need sponges? 😂

cold blood

Staff member
Keep in mind, plants are required...you have them...but the plants really need to be positioned around, and in contact with the top of the wood...so be sure to elevate it to the top of that wood with the re-do.

Kdragon98

Arachnopeon
I have another question. So I’m getting ready to redo my Ts enclosure with everything you guys said to do. What is the best way to clean the glass of her poop. I just get a wet paper towel and cleaned it that way. Is that fine or is there a better solution?

Baby T

Arachnoknight
I have another question. So I’m getting ready to redo my Ts enclosure with everything you guys said to do. What is the best way to clean the glass of her poop. I just get a wet paper towel and cleaned it that way. Is that fine or is there a better solution?
That's fine. Just don't use any chemicals. I use a cotton bud dipped in warm water for stubborn poop

NoImDirtyDan

Arachnopeon
As a new t owner this thread helped me a lot with my avic. I added more foliage to the top of the enclosure and took the humidity and temperature gauges out of the tank because as you guys explained they tend to be inaccurate and useless. I have now not worried about humidity as much as I was. My t has been thriving since I got her almost 2 months ago I hope to see her thrive even more!!!!!

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I just have an example image of a tissue replacement at hand ...
A little moss, a water dispenser and moistening a corner of the enclosure once a week is sufficient to keep the humidity permanently above 70%.

DSCN5864.JPG

If you happen to have access to a 3d printer you can use the following template, then you don't have to destroy the original.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
one of my clients is a big chain. At some point I am going to try to breach the subject. "Can I talk to your invertebrate people?"