Pink toe tarantula care

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That will work, in the future I would hang the plants from some of the vent holes, giving them more opportunity to feel secure near the top. W/that said I'm confident your T will feel secure given how it's setup now.

Beastie

Arachnoknight
That will work, in the future I would hang the plants from some of the vent holes, giving them more opportunity to feel secure near the top. W/that said I'm confident your T will feel secure given how it's setup now.
Yeah I was looking at it again and I think I might change the one plant to an area closer to her "den".

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah that hole at the top of the wood is prime real estate, that specifically should be surrounded with plants...make the best spot the most inviting.

Water dish should be on the ground as its your humidity control, and ground level is better IMO, although many do elevate an extra water dish.

But if you do, it shouldn't be glued down (it looks to be) as it will need to be removed and cleaned regularly. The thing to do would be to use a condiment cup and put a second one inside the first, so that could be pulled and changed easily.

It does look pretty darn good otherwise, nice work.

Beastie

Arachnoknight
Yeah that hole at the top of the wood is prime real estate, that specifically should be surrounded with plants...make the best spot the most inviting.

Water dish should be on the ground as its your humidity control, and ground level is better IMO, although many do elevate an extra water dish.

But if you do, it shouldn't be glued down (it looks to be) as it will need to be removed and cleaned regularly. The thing to do would be to use a condiment cup and put a second one inside the first, so that could be pulled and changed easily.

There is a second, shallow water dish on the ground. I'm gonna move the one plant closer to her den tomorrow. The water dish is glued down, I will add a condiment cup, that's an excellent idea thanks! Glad it looks up to par!

Beastie

Arachnoknight

Okay, I am watching a few inverts for a friend and a couple of them have slightly higher temp requirements than the 76 degrees I currently keep the critters room at. Could I safely up the constant temp in the room to 80 degrees? Or could I up it to 80 degrees during the day and lower it a bit at night?

cold blood

Staff member
Okay, I am watching a few inverts for a friend and a couple of them have slightly higher temp requirements than the 76 degrees I currently keep the critters room at. Could I safely up the constant temp in the room to 80 degrees? Or could I up it to 80 degrees during the day and lower it a bit at night?
My t room is pretty much a constant 80 all winter. Ts are fine in a wide range of temps...most species (not from higher elevations) will do fine in the 90s or at 70.

What requires 80?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You could do either. My Ts are typically at 73-75F day/68-70 night

Beastie

Arachnoknight
My t room is pretty much a constant 80 all winter. Ts are fine in a wide range of temps...most species (not from higher elevations) will do fine in the 90s or at 70.

What requires 80?
The deathstalker scorpion, flat rock scorpion, African trap door spider, and question mark roaches.