Pink Toe T Enclosure

Luvlybean

Arachnopeon
I have a Pink Toe T.
I have had my T for a year.

I this enclosure a decent one? If not, can you link one that I could purchase which would be better?
IMG_20210618_111648.jpg IMG_20210618_111651.jpg IMG_20210618_111658.jpg

Last edited:

vounti

Arachnoknight
You could use that one but not in its current state. You'll find plenty of guides on that forum

Also, replace the mesh lid with drilled acrylic or something similar

Edit: I didn't realize your T was in there for a year. This is really bad. Take it out and rearrange the enclosure asap. You'll need dry substrate and LOTS of anchor points and a bigger cork bark. Make some research

Last edited:

Luvlybean

Arachnopeon
You could use that one but not in its current state. You'll find plenty of guides on that forum

Edit: I didn't realize your T was in there for a year. This is really bad. Take it out and rearrange the enclosure asap. You'll need dry substrate and LOTS of anchor points and a bigger cork bark. Make some research
How to rearrange it with the T already having spun webs and stuff?

Luvlybean

Arachnopeon

Can you give me a link or something for a better enclosure to get for my T?

vounti

Arachnoknight
How to rearrange it with the T already having spun webs and stuff?
Just take the T out and put it in any small box while making the enclosure suitable. That won't take more than one hour.
Before doing anything, make sure you have everything you need to make a proper enclosure.
Once you've got your spider out, clean the web and take the wood out. If that substrate is moist, dump it. Then, place DRY substrate, a long piece of wood that goes almost to the top and now you'll need lots of stuff (branches, leaves, ...) for you spider to web up there.

I see a bottle that can mist on one of your picture. Don't mist the enclosure. You can sometimes mist the web but that is not a humid dependant species.

I'll link a video for the transfert of the animal and a picture of an example of proper enclosure:

exemple.jpg

EDIT: You shouldnt place your enclosure near a window for several reasons. The primary reason is that the sun reflecting through class will cook your spider

Last edited:

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Long piece of cork bark or cork tube leaning up against a side, back, or a corner. Lots of fake foliage, either fake plastic.or silk plants at the top.of the cork bark. Give it lots of cover and anchor points.

cold blood

Staff member
The one you have, a bugarium i believe, is really a veritable death trap. Reason is that it only has top ventilation, this leads to virtually no air movement throughout the enclosure. The good news is that it really only gets bad when moisture is added, and on top of that, stagnant air takes a long time to actually kill a t...so they can live fine in them for a period as you have seen.

Enclosure set up for an Avic is pretty specific, You want vertical wood....you do NOT want twigs or sticks, you want a flat piece of wood (or several depending on the enclosure). What you want should be substantial, the idea is to give them a stable platform to hunt from and stretch out on. This wood should extend nearly all the way to the top. Wood is great, but it should never stand alone. The top half of the wood should be surrounded by (and in contact with) plants. This provides not just cover, but anchor points. The more anchor points you have, the quicker it will web, the more it will web, and the more elaborate the webbing will be.

The kind of enclosure isnt specific, you can use almost anything as long as you can provide the proper ventilation to promote airflow. Expensive doesnt in ANY way mean better for the t within. You can go the expensive route...many do this because they are more pleasing to us, and an exo terra would be a classic example. They are set up like your bugarium, but they have front doors, and most importantly a row of ventilation under those doors that does a great job if air movement.

My personal preference is sterilite, simply because they are cheap, effective and I can ventilate them in any manner I see fit very quickly with a drill.

Here is an example of a typical tub set up I use for avics. total cost is about $10;

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Read my link in sig file

Tank no good - not cross ventilation