pink toe puzzler

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I thought of putting in more holes on the side, but did not want to overdo it.
Personally I would rather overdo it, and have more holes and just have to mist a few more times a week or whatever. I have my 0.5" sling in the following and it has 26 holes (top & sides) in it. I know it's been said a lot, but ventilation is essential.

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Welcome to the boards, and welcome to the hobby.

When you say "pinheads" do you mean the crickets the size of a pin head or just really small babies? I personally have never had luck feeding pinheads. IME the Ts consume what I think may be a little too large for them. Also, be sure you are not putting more than one in at a time. T's get stressed when too much prey is available.
I also like to tweezer feed because then I know if its gonna be eaten right away.
hi there! thank you for the warm welcome.
I think the crickets are just babies (0.5cm) ish, although i never see my ling actually eat the critters they are never around for more than a day. I did read that you feed lings 2 crickets twice a week, is this not right? :?

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I did read that you feed lings 2 crickets twice a week, is this not right? :?
Depends on who you ask. People have varied feeding methods. The first day I got my 0.5" A. versi I threw about 5 pinheads in there and all were gone the next day. I did notice that it could eat one in just a few minutes (literally), so I decided to go up to the small crickets. Just out of curiosity I threw 6 in there with it, and again all were liquified by morning. Mine may just have a healthy appetite, or have been starving, but I can easily justify 3 crickets at a time when feeding. I usually feed 3 one day, and 3 two days later. If it eats the first 3 quickly...then I feed the remaining 3 the next day instead. On average mine all get 4-6 crix a week, give or take. None of them have ignored food yet... :D

pink'n'curly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok, well as none of the crickets have seen the break of a new day upto now, maybe my little guy is a greedy git too? ;)

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You will get a feel for how much it eats. They seem to go through spurts when they eat and when they "fast". Since the sling is eating all you give, then I would try one or two a day, but remove the cricket if it isn't eaten the following day. You sound like you are doing a great job. Keep it up!