"Pink toe" on OfferUp (don't look if you get sick easily)

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
I was browsing OfferUp and saw this. I've never housed any Avic species but I can find a lot of mistakes that make me almost cringe. IMG_0453.PNG IMG_0452.PNG IMG_0451.PNG

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
I would but my wife will NOT let me get another T right now until we move and have more space(and yes I tried arguing that they don't take up a lot of space)
I hear yeah, Not head butting on you..just the person housing it that way.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
I hear yeah, Not head butting on you..just the person housing it that way.
Yeah I know. I wish I could:( I guess the only positive outcome of this post is if someone in my area reads this on AB and decides to buy it. I wonder if it's actually a male too

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Make me die a little Inside so so terrible but hey if it bits it wont kill :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::shifty::rage::punch::rage::punch:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
That poor Avic.

The setup reminds me of how my Avic was set up when she was given to me. She came in a 10-gallon aquarium with a log laid horizontally on the substrate. She had apparently lived there for a long time based on the webbing lining the log.

She was my first tarantula, and although I had not expected to receive one as a gift, it was not unwanted. Fortunately, I did some research and quickly realized that the setup was not right, so I got a new enclosure and did an arboreal setup, and she seems much "happier" now.

Last edited:

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Still not as bad as the one I posted from craigslist the other week with only 3 legs left.

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
Man, that's... I don't even?!
I'm just a beginner but ffs how can people be so irresponsible and stupid?
It really gets your blood boiling!

Would someone here be interested in that one? Because I'd love to see reports and pictures of pastime activities with that t after it got... acquainted.
After a few weeks it might come out when you call it by name. Duh. :banghead:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It is a 'he', probably mature male. No reason for treating it like this though..
that sponge in the waterdish looks nasty *shudders*

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Lol this is how they are always set up at the shops. well, not this elaborate--but always terrestrial. My first was a pinktoe that I set up just like that. More dirt in mine, but for a terrestrial. Read up on tarantulas and quickly learned pinkies are aboreal. Bought an aboreal tank and got my first Rosie to go in the terrestrial one :) so, My first pinktoe was only in that setup for around a week.

MetallicArachnid

Arachnosquire
Still not as bad as the one I posted from craigslist the other week with only 3 legs left.
That's disgusting, if they aren't going to care for them why should people even be getting these spiders in the first place clearly they don't want them.

MetallicArachnid

Arachnosquire
Because they're idiots who shouldn't own living things.
I agree, wish there was some form of screening when people went to an LPS to keep idiots from getting an animal they're going to neglect or otherwise make life generally miserable for.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I agree, wish there was some form of screening when people went to an LPS to keep idiots from getting an animal they're going to neglect or otherwise make life generally miserable for.
If you want to send people who will stop idiots from getting T's at a LPS, they'll probably end up yelling at the LPS employees and closing the shop, since people go home with the bad advice they got from those employees in the first place....

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I come across stuff like this on craigslist often. It used to really bother me... but I then I got over. I can't save every sickly T.

MetallicArachnid

Arachnosquire
If you want to send people who will stop idiots from getting T's at a LPS, they'll probably end up yelling at the LPS employees and closing the shop, since people go home with the bad advice they got from those employees in the first place....
True, though shutting down the majority of LPSs wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing...