pink toe not eating....

soulreaver_x01

Arachnopeon
i bought my fuzzy pal about a month and a half ago,gave him/her the penthouse it deserves,and he/she hasnt ate anything since...he/she just moulted last week(friday)so once again i offer food,still not eating...i beleive i know the answer to this allready,lol,it will eat when its hungry.but this is my girlfriends spider and she is worrying to death.all the other spiders i own are eating and hanging out just fine.someone please reassure her that he/she will eat when it wants to!or do ya all think anything else might be wrong??thanx all!!

mike

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
How big is the spider? Even young ones may want more than a week post-molt before they can eat again, and anything of any real size may be more like 2-3. Just make sure it has water, etc etc, you know the drill. :)

soulreaver_x01

Arachnopeon
he/she is rather large,lol bout 3 half 4 inches.ive been misting,keeping the water dish full 2.ill just hafta wait it out!!lol

zimbu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know roseas are famous for not eating, but I got a decent size one in June... which ate its first cricket last night. It moulted about 2 weeks ago.

Just thought I'd mention that as a very recent example of how long it takes some Ts to eat before/after a moult.

Needles666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not to hi-jack your thread, but my A. Metallica is having the same problem, molted about 2 weeks ago, and now won't eat, it seems gun shy.

It will go to the roach curl it up, and then just releases it, I've seen it do it at least a dozen times, now I'm getting worried :(