Pink Toe not doing well!

crypticorvid

Arachnopeon
Hi, I got a pink toe August 2019 who has been doing fine up until this week. He (based on size I assume male) hasn’t shed in my care once nor made and webs in his favourite hide. Besides that though he has always been very relaxed, not jumpy or aggressive, but always alert and a good eater. Recently I have found him on the ground, with his legs pulled in tightly so they cover his abdomen. He is so lethargic and I can pick him up WITH MY FINGERS gently by the mid section and he barely moves. He hasn’t eaten the crickets I’ve offered or expressed interest. I only learned yesterday when looking at this forum that the care guides are wrong and you need LOW humidity. Even with misting the tank never goes above 50% humidity.

Please help, I want him better! Thank you!

Baby T

Arachnoknight
Hi. I'm gonna suggest pics of your T and enclosure before anyone here can give advice. I'd say from what you describe it's in a stress pose, and being on the ground isn't an ideal place... If you've been misting, or trying to raise humidity forget this. As you've already found out this is useless and harmful to your T.
I'd also refrain from trying to pick it up...
Post pics and people will help 🙂

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I’d just add you may want to open the enclosure to get some fresh air in there for about 10 minutes or so. Just stay near it to make sure it doesn’t escape. If the substraight is damp you’ll need that air to help dry it out. Depending on your pics, there may be additional things that may need improvement, but need pics.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sounds like your Avic is about to die due to moist/stuffy box

Hi
emergency rehouse in dry, well ventilated enclosure is probably needed but by your description it may be too late.
Post pics please.
Regards Konstantin