Pink Toe Molt Question

Paul Bisacca

Arachnopeon
It has spent several months making a nice web tube, and molted in the tube a couple of nights ago. Should i remove the molt (will damage the web) or wait to see if it gets pushed out or consumed? Thanks in advance.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
The molt won't hurt anything if left in the enclosure, but I like to retrieve them if they're accessible. If you intend to use the molt for sexing, it's easier to work with a fresh molt -- and the molt is less likely to have been damaged by the tarantula.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Nope, no sexing, thanks for input!
If you don’t need it for sexing, it doesn’t really matter what you do.
if I don’t need it for sexing or it’s too small I usually just leave it if it wants to get any moisture from it until it’s fully hardened. Doesn’t really make a difference either way.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It has spent several months making a nice web tube, and molted in the tube a couple of nights ago. Should i remove the molt (will damage the web) or wait to see if it gets pushed out or consumed? Thanks in advance.
WHY would you help move it??????

They have evolved for millions of years without the need of our help. So what critical thinking skills have you used that have produced the idea they need our help on this topic?