Pink toe home

vegangal

Arachnopeon
Went shopping for my pink toe . Got him a smaller cage because 10 gallons was way too much for a juvenile or any pink toe ... How does this look ? There's him in his new cage vs the tank .

Attachments

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
I use a more vertical enclosure for avics. You could probably stand the kritter keeper on end with a vertical piece of cork bark if that's all you have to work with.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Avics are arboreal Ts so more height then floor space would be better. I wouldn't bother with the curved ground hides. Most likely they wont use them at all. I would add some corkbark or a big piece of regular bark leaned against the wall for a good climbing base. Then put in a lot of fake plants to simulate leafy tree limbs. They like it cluttered with a lot of webbing points. I would also take the big stone dish out and just leave the cap watering dish.

Something like this but bigger to match the size of your spider.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
No problem. If you have anymore questions let us know.

Good luck with your T.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I use vertical enclosures for avics. That said -- if that's all you have -- you can turn it to vertical. But if you leave it as it is, personally, I would remove the hide and the stuff on top of it. Then add lots of fake plants & corkbark vertically for her to anchor her web to. For mine, I use a gluegun to adhere plants/corkbark to enclosure sides (to make them secure against the resistance of heavy webbing). Mine prefers her webbed hammock up top best.

My only other concern is ventilation. Cross ventilation is better than top ventilation.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you want to make things safer for your T, and easier for you, get rid of that water bottle cap, and get something that holds more water. I use these pill vials, they hold 15mL of water, much better.

Pills.JPG

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I use souffle' cups for water. Just toss and replace. I originally bought 'pretty' rustic looking dishes. You only need one vile horrid pooped-up dish to go for disposables. lol

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Avics are arboreal Ts so more height then floor space would be better. I wouldn't bother with the curved ground hides. Most likely they wont use them at all. I would add some corkbark or a big piece of regular bark leaned against the wall for a good climbing base. Then put in a lot of fake plants to simulate leafy tree limbs. They like it cluttered with a lot of webbing points. I would also take the big stone dish out and just leave the cap watering dish.

Something like this but bigger to match the size of your spider.

Taking opportunity to show off the new lowland you accidentally got haha????

Abyss

Arachnoknight
@ the OP
Heres an example of what my arboreal (avicularia specifically) enclosures look like.
This in an A. versacolor

Hope that helps

Bohrerb

Arachnopeon
Hey! Good lookin little T :) yeah I tried out the critter keepers. You can definitely get away with it but he/she will most likely web in one of the top corners so as long as you have the pop open lid in the center and can still get food/ water in it will work. If you have a container store near you check that out. I get most of my set ups there until they reach sub adult/ adult then move up to the fancier enclosures

spiderbesideher

Arachnosquire
@ the OP
Heres an example of what my arboreal (avicularia specifically) enclosures look like.
This in an A. versacolor

Hope that helps
Oh I love it! Are those the little "fairy garden" plants from eBay?

Vash71

Arachnopeon
@ the OP
This in an A. versacolor

Hope that helps
What instar is that, and how big is that enclosure?

Abyss

Arachnoknight
What instar is that, and how big is that enclosure?
Thise enclosures i make are about 6.5" tall i"roughly.
That little versacolor was about 1"-1.5" in the pic when i freshly rehoused it. Its over 3" now