Pink toe help

EnterGamerTag365

Arachnopeon
I am a new owner to a pink toe Ive only had it for a few days and all it does is sit on the side of the cage and do nothing. I need tips to take care of this and I don’t know if I’m doing anything wrong with the cage

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
1. The enclosure should be kept DRY.

2. The wood should be larger, reaching near the top.

3. The plants should be off the ground (the ground should be clear if clutter) and surrounding the top of the wood.

4. Ventilation is critical. It looks like you have a bugarium with top only ventilation. This does nothing to promote air flow and should not be used for Avics.

EnterGamerTag365

Arachnopeon

3. The plants should be off the ground (the ground should be clear if clutter) and surrounding the top of the wood.

4. Ventilation is critical. It looks like you have a bugarium with top only ventilation. This does nothing to promote air flow and should not be used for Avics.
Thank you I’ll get a better cage do you have any suggestions on what cage to buy with links?

Exo-terra... would something like this be better

Last edited by a moderator:

cold blood

Staff member
Exo terras do work just fine. You could also use a sterilite container or tub as well. Its my preference, as i prefer not to spend that much on enclosures.

The beauty of sterilite is that ventilation is, easily drilled out in any manner you see fit...the downside is they arent great display enclosures like the glass ones.

EnterGamerTag365

Arachnopeon
Exo terras do work just fine. You could also use a sterilite container or tub as well. Its my preference, as i prefer not to spend that much on enclosures.

The beauty of sterilite is that ventilation is, easily drilled out in any manner you see fit...the downside is they arent great display enclosures like the glass ones.

I would like to get a glass one like the one in the screen shot it has a front vent would that be good
I would like to have a good view of my spider

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am a new owner to a pink toe Ive only had it for a few days and all it does is sit on the side of the cage and do nothing. I need tips to take care of this and I don’t know if I’m doing anything wrong with the cage
There's nothing with your T's position in that container. I strongly suggest you read up on Ts, esp this species or it may die.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
all it does is sit on the side of the cage and do nothing
Keep in mind that even with an ideal setup, a healthy Avic will spend most of its time doing nothing. (That's not to say that you shouldn't make the changes recommended above; I'm just managing expectations with regard to its behavior.)

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As said, thats pretty much what a healthy tarantula does. My G porteri has been sitting on the exact same spot the last year