Pink-toe has not molted yet...

Anna

Arachnopeon
Hey, I'm quite the newbie, I got my first Tarantula in October, a little avic abut the diameter of a quarter. I noticed that it had a molt in the little container I got it in but I don't know when it actually happened. It gets about 2 pinheads a week and it hasn't molted yet. It webbed a bunch a few weeks ago and I thought it could be molting but it didn't. It is kind of cold where I live, but it's usually in the high 60's in my house. How long do they usually take to molt?

Megan 03

Arachnopeon
My avic seemed to be in premolt FOREVER... at least a few weeks after she had made a webbed hide... I think you just need to be patient. Also I keep my house at the same temp and mine seems to be fine... just make sure the water dish is always full and that you mist occasionally. From what I have read they like the temp at 70 and the humidity around 60%.

P.S. I am no expert, just another enthusiast relaying information i have read and personal experiance

Good Luck!!!

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Your spider can take meals at least as big as she is, no need for pin heads. Give her lots of food and raise the temperature to something appropriate and she will molt.

tk0473

Arachnopeon

I wouldn't recommend giving your T food as big as s/he is, but pinheads might be a bit small, try something the size of the abdomen. Also don't worry about it taking so long with molts, avics tend to web alot and mine did as well. It once took nearly two months to molt after being completely webbed in. Just make sure it has water like other people previously stated, also keep in mind the temperature of your house can affect how much or little the T is eating. The higher the temperature the faster it will digest/take new meals and the lower is opposite. I keep mine at 72 and have had no problems, just be patient and make sure it has water. Good luck

Anna

Arachnopeon

I'm sorry, I'm feeding it 2 or 3 week old crickets, they are just a bit smaller than my spider. I learned today that there are more than two sizes of crickets today and that pinheads are in fact, much smaller. Yay, knowledge.
Anyway, I live in a cold area but I'll try to make my house stay around 70. I have a salmon pink birdeater as well and its just begun going into a premolt (abdomen darkening) but the pink toe's abdomen looks just like it did when I got it months ago. Oh well. I guess I only feed it two or three crickets a week and it eats them immediately, should I feed it more?