Pink Toe First Molt

SpiderTraci

Arachnopeon
Hi!

My pretty HubbaBubba molted for the first time since I got her. It's been about 2 months. She's been huddled in her web for the last few weeks. (I use the gender loosely because I don't really know what gender she is yet and her molt is still in her web and I don't want to destroy it to find out). She was out and about crawling around yesterday, getting a drink, crawling on the plant and on the wall. Since these are my first tarantulas, I am of course, freaking out a little bit because her legs look practically translucent. Is that normal? BubbleYum's legs did not look like that after her (again loosely) molt about 3 weeks or so ago. Or, at least I don't remember them looking like that. BubbleYum is the one in my profile picture and that was taken pretty shortly after she molted.

Here's pictures!

You can see the shadow of her molt up in the lower tube of her web.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
i see a hygrometer...
yes its normal for them to look like that after a molt. dont feed for about a week either.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
You know what IMO Hubba/Bubba needs? A good piece of cork bark, combined with those plants would be 'of best' :-s

SpiderTraci

Arachnopeon
i see a hygrometer...
yes its normal for them to look like that after a molt. dont feed for about a week either.
Ok good. Thank you!

I live in a super dry climate, so I watch the humidity. Having the bowl of water (something I learned on this site) has helped a bunch!

SpiderTraci

Arachnopeon
You know what IMO Hubba/Bubba needs? A good piece of cork bark, combined with those plants would be 'of best' :-s
Yep! When I have the funds, I am going to spruce it up a bit more with what pink toes need (again, stuff i did not know and what I have learned on this site).

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Ok good. Thank you!

I live in a super dry climate, so I watch the humidity. Having the bowl of water (something I learned on this site) has helped a bunch!
i wouldnt bother, those things are wrong most of the time, and they only show the humidity for a small part of the cage. just moisten part of the sub if youre concerned. tarantulas should never not have a bowl of water unless you are very experienced or very lazy. something to keep in mind for the future.