pink toe.....behaviour..5th,molt

ArachnoHaze

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's my pink toes 5th or 4th molt....since the molt it's been curled up, and really skinny. the T looks realy small, not eating...... is it near it's end? no boxing gloves visible

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's my pink toes 5th or 4th molt....since the molt it's been curled up, and really skinny. the T looks realy small, not eating...... is it near it's end? no boxing gloves visible
Can you get a picture? Are its legs curled underneath like a death curl? Make sure that you offer a water dish. After a molt they can be skinny until they can eat again. Just make sure that there is plenty of fresh clean water available and give it time.

ArachnoHaze

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well i got some bogwood in the setup, the Pinktoe barely comes on the soil, so i spray water on the web which it usualy drinks......mabey it is a death curl as it is somewhat old...... its legs are almost underneath it..... after the shed its been like this.... much smaller then it was.....hasnt been drinkin.....

It had a good life if this is the death curl.

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You said its 4th or 5th molt, that does not make it old. Scorpions have a set number of molts but tarantulas can have a lot of them. Was this the 4th or 5th in your care or since it hatched?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well i got some bogwood in the setup, the Pinktoe barely comes on the soil, so i spray water on the web which it usualy drinks......mabey it is a death curl as it is somewhat old...... its legs are almost underneath it..... after the shed its been like this.... much smaller then it was.....hasnt been drinkin.....

It had a good life if this is the death curl.

5th or 4th molt from when it was born, or since you had it? What's the size? Also, I would make sure there is plenty of humidity, and not bug it for the next couple of days. Avics sometimes die for no reason, so let's hope this isn't one of those times.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How long has it been since the molt? If it's recent, leave it be and try feedin it in a few days. They will look skinny after molt, it's normal. You can try sprayin the side of her tank to get her to drink.