Pink Toe/Avicularia avicularia Feeding Question

VIISVII

Arachnopeon
Hi. I got myself a pink toe tarantula awhile ago I've had him for a little over a month now and have tried offering him crickets ever since I got him and he has not ate anything yet... Yesterday he started making his webs though and today I offered him a cricket once more but with tongs near his webbing and he came up to it very slowly and scooped it towards his mouth but then left it and went down into his web... Does that mean he's just not hungry? Also what is the best way or proper way to feed him? Any advice would be appreciated thx.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Keep water dish full, and leave alone. If you can’t read the signs of upcoming molt, just try feeding it once a week until it eats or molts. That’s the simplest advice I can give.

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
Pictures of T and full set up would help more experienced keepers give some direct feedback :)
As @Poonjab said, wait it out and provide a full water dish

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi. I got myself a pink toe tarantula awhile ago I've had him for a little over a month now and have tried offering him crickets ever since I got him and he has not ate anything yet... Yesterday he started making his webs though and today I offered him a cricket once more but with tongs near his webbing and he came up to it very slowly and scooped it towards his mouth but then left it and went down into his web... Does that mean he's just not hungry? Also what is the best way or proper way to feed him? Any advice would be appreciated thx.
1. not hungry
2. Don’t use tongs like that, great way to injuring fangs or have a T run up and out. Damaged fangs can lead to death.

Just drop prey on webbing- they are capable ambush predators, NO ONE spoon feeds them in the jungle!