Pimp These Heterometrus w/ID!!!!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh no, I bought more Heterometrus scorps. Somebody stop me! I've gotten more interested after I found out there are several Heterometrus sp. I have two pair of Heterometrus sp now. I just bought the second pair today because they looked to be a different species than my other pair is. They were sold as generic Asian Forest Scorps. I'm posting pics of one from each pair. I'm 99% sure they are different species. The one on the right in the first pic is from the pair I bought today and it reminds me of what some thought was H. petersii in another thread. The one on the left is from a pair that was sold to me as H. longimanus but I was wondering if that one on the left was really H. spinifer. Anyway, looking for any comments! The one on the left in the first pic is represented by a GREEN "H" in the bottom right hand corner of each following pic. Pics of scorp parts with a RED "H" at the bottom right, is of the scorp on the right in the first pic. Sometimes I wonder if I do things simple or take the long road but I think that'll work. Tell me what you think!

Last edited:

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree will Micheal... and the second is absoutly without a doubt laoticus... FYI, the only heterometrus possesing no granulation on the caprice.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I had a hunch the one on the left was really H. spinifer when I bought it and even brought it up before I bought it several weeks ago. The retailer seemed to honestly think it wasn't H. spinifer. The store rep said that it was sold to them as H. longimanus so I bought it based on wishful thinking and not really knowing. H. spinifer is nice but I wanted H. longimanus. This stuff is pretty low demand in the real world so the sellers don't really know what is what allot of the time. Looks like you have to tackle ID's on you own allot. Don't know why I'm after H. longimanus so bad. H. wroughtoni I saw in The Scorpion Files looks pretty nice too. Good luck, right. Thanks for the info!

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I plan to buy Heterometrus scorps soon.

And am too attracted to H. longimanus, I think for aesthetic taxon reasons. It's all about the longi-manus. Heh. Some pathetic invert humor.

I love the claws.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with the above.

First: spinifer
Second: laoticus

Cheers.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I agree with the ID 1st:spinifer and 2nd:laoticus since I have them both and ID was discussed in another thread.

Megalon and Galapoheros,

It's nice to know that there are other heterometrus enthusiasts.

There is nothing really special with the longimanus except for the longer pedipalps. Behavior is pretty much the same.

Here's a picture of my sub-adult H. longimanus borneensis

If you plan to collect heterometrus species, I suggest you also get an H. fulvipes. Look at the pictures.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Those H. fulvipes are awesome and love those H. longimanus pics.

This is probably my favorite scorpion genus.