pillbugs

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've had them eat sowbugs but it's when the pillbug was very small. I usually put a huge pillbug in with a sling so it will go ignored and very tiny pillbugs for the large spiders. Usually they go underfoot without the T knowing or will fling them off if one treads over a leg.

Puppet Master

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My T's have never eaten pillbugs, I used to put them into the containers because they eat dead and decaying plants and cricket/roach remains.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
My T's have never eaten pillbugs, I used to put them into the containers because they eat dead and decaying plants and cricket/roach remains.
+1 I have experimented with pill bugs and i cant say i have EVER seen any of my T's eat one, it has something to do with pheramones that pill bugs secrete to present themselves as un attractive stinky food item

nhaverland413

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My L. violaceopes can't seem to get enough of them, I've introduced them to her enclosure a number of times only to find various "armor-plated" boli scattered about at the base of her hide within the week.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I better start looking for pillbugs for my set-ups. Any suggestions on which part of the garden I may find them?

RoosterG

Arachnopeon
I better start looking for pillbugs for my set-ups. Any suggestions on which part of the garden I may find them?
Now im spitballin here, but i dont think it be wise to catch a pillbug and place it inside ur tank. Not 100% sure but if the T does decide to munch on it and its holding some sort of parasite..wouldnt that carry over..:? Feel free to correct me :). btw IM pretty sure they have cb ones as well that you'd be able to purchase.

mochamix4

Arachnopeon
I'm new to this forum,Does anyone know where i can get some pill bugs at? I can't seem to find any on any post. I live in the desert and can't find any in the yard plz help thanks

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Now im spitballin here, but i dont think it be wise to catch a pillbug and place it inside ur tank. Not 100% sure but if the T does decide to munch on it and its holding some sort of parasite..wouldnt that carry over..:? Feel free to correct me :). btw IM pretty sure they have cb ones as well that you'd be able to purchase.
Oh, thanks. For a while there I thought that those who use pillbugs in this forum just got them from their yards and put them in.

Here in the Philippines, no one is selling pillbugs. The invertebrate hobby is not that developed yet here. But I'll try and ask around from friends.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
They congregate around wet/ damp areas and love rotten wood, uplift some rocks go into the cave... that should be a good start to look for em

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Iv tried it before. I put in one or two into my t stirmi cage and I havnt seen it in a long time. Maybe they died or burrowed. I'll put in more next time. How many should I put in.

Puppet Master

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have always found them in the garden(pesticide free)or like webbedone said under logs or rocks.

A few years back there was a lot of talk about them. If you search under pill bug or roly polies there should be some info, Someone even started a colony I think.

I had about 8-12 in a 10gal tank and 4-8 in a 5gal tank. One thing to keep in mind, during the colder months the T's dont eat as much so they dont produce as much waste.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=195185

thats just one. there's so many more that explain how to get them and what to do with them. What I've done, as i did tonight, was digging for them in the yard, and i wait for the first gen to hatch. After that, that first gen is transfered to another container and they get transfered to the appropriate tanks.