Leiurus quinquestriatus (Jordanien)

Leiurus quinquestriatus hebraus

Leiurus quinquestriatus hebraus

Tityus stigmurus

Tityus stigmurus

davidbarber1

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey Av, the next time somebody writes a book, sell them the rights to your pics. Outstanding!!!

David

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
man, nice pics, you got some hot lookin scorps there, those LQ's look wiked

Michael

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i guess the first one is Buthus occitanus israelis;) since it has a lyre it's not Androctonus....lucky guy

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Michael said:
i guess the first one is Buthus occitanus israelis;) since it has a lyre it's not Androctonus....lucky guy
Nope, that is A.Amoreuxi.
Very nice scorps, and beauty pics too!

cheers
steve

Michael

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
uhm...excuse me i think i see the lyre & "H"shaped marking and that rules out Androctonus amoreuxi:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,
Thanks for the nice words folks.I,ll take a better picture of the prosomal carapace when i get a minute. I am sceptical that it is a buthus ssp,but i won,t mind being proven wrong here :). Michael you have buthus on the brain :)

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
While a photo of the carapace would definitely provide a more accurate means for ID, I'm going with Mike that the specimen in photo one is not A. amoreuxi.

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Michael,

It was sold to me as Androctonus amoreuxi hebraus and it was collected South of Beersheva, Do you know the local of Buthus occitanus israelis?

Edit: This is a young specimen about 3.5cm

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

I have to agree to Michael, the one on the first pic is 100% a Buthus sp. No Androctonus has such a granulation on the carapace which is quite unigue for Buthus spp. They can only be confused with Mesobuthus spp but no Mesobuthus are documented from Israel.

Type locality for B. o. israelis is Mash’abbe Sade but I´m not sure wether this is still a valid ssp. May be just B. occitanus or even a new sp now. Most of the Buthus occitanus subspp have been revised lately.

Regards
Alex

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Except M. nigrocinctus, which the species in the photo is not ;)

Michael

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nazgul said:
Hi,

I have to agree to Michael, the one on the first pic is 100% a Buthus sp. No Androctonus has such a granulation on the carapace which is quite unigue for Buthus spp. They can only be confused with Mesobuthus spp but no Mesobuthus are documented from Israel.

Type locality for B. o. israelis is Mash’abbe Sade but I´m not sure wether this is still a valid ssp. May be just B. occitanus or even a new sp now. Most of the Buthus occitanus subspp have been revised lately.

Regards
Alex
about the ssp israelis,...i think it's changed somewhere in 2005/2006? To Buthus intumescens? i just checked the scorpion fauna origins and in israel occurs only B.intumescens now:?

any papers/sources someone?

Michael

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mike,

Euscorpius #34: 1-16.
Kovarik, F. 2006. Review of Tunisian species of the genus Buthus, with descriptions of two new species and a discussion of Ehrenberg's types.

New species described in paper:
B. chambiensis
B. dunlopi
and B. intumescens is revalidated: Buthus occitanus mardochei var. israelis is a synonym.