Pictures of Boris

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I adopted a cute little box turtle from my fiance's back yard today....I almost stepped on the critter. He seems to have a slight problem with one of his eyes...he keeps it closed most of the time. I kept one of these a while back named Loretta, but now I have Boris. Who could resist this face? :) I tried getting him to take a mealworm....he was more interested in the flower pattern on my bed. He likes apples too.

Deathreaver

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Who could resist such a pretty face, not to mention he was the only critter (other than a few small bugs and lizards) that we seen on hour 2 hour walk through the woods.;P ;P

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if I remember correctly males have red eyes........
Ed

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Looks good to me. Perhaps his closed eye is a result some sort of old injury. As for the diet, box turtles aren't predatory in nature. They're more herbivorous. :)

Bry

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They also love to eat earthworms. Seeing this guy chomp down a slimy red worm isn't very appealing. :) They are for the most part herbivores, though.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Hes so cute. I wish I could own more animals! Like a few dogs, a horse, a bearded dragon, a bunny, a hedgehog....sighs....not enough room. :(