Pictures of Ball Pythons?

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello everybody, I have a 3 month old ball python. The pictures I took of him are being made. I'll post them tommorow if not Thursday. For the mean while does anyone else have Ball pythons? If so please post pictures of them, I would really enjoy it. :)

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Before you got rid of them all. How many snakes did you get rid of? What kind of snakes were they? Most important what do you mean?

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had 5 or 6 ball pythons at one point...

Kept 3 as keepers for a while, but had to get rid of them for room for my redtails.

Ball pythons are coo, but they were not the snake for me.

I'm sure i'll come accross a couple i'll just have to have down the road... but now i have 8 adult boas that take up a lot of room and time...

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Sam,
I have an awesome snake..my Ball is my favorite..hands down. We've been through a lot together...Totally sweet...cute as a teddy bear. However, the bad thing is, he goes through starvation diets every year, lasting 5 months or more.

But, I'm experimenting with stabilizing the temp in his monster tank more. We'll see if he'll keep eating this winter...

I have pics of my baby, but they don't scan well..I'll borrow my dad's digicam..
Peace,
Gillian

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ravnoss, that ball looks almost Axanthic

i've never seen a normal w/ that much white before.
What a beauty.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
here's Otho (Othello)

Ok,
I'll try..This is a scan from a glossy print..I'm waiting for Photoshop, so I can tweak the pics..
Peace,
Gillian

Attachments

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gillian
Sam,
I have an awesome snake..my Ball is my favorite..hands down. We've been through a lot together...Totally sweet...cute as a teddy bear. However, the bad thing is, he goes through starvation diets every year, lasting 5 months or more.

But, I'm experimenting with stabilizing the temp in his monster tank more. We'll see if he'll keep eating this winter...

I have pics of my baby, but they don't scan well..I'll borrow my dad's digicam..
Peace,
Gillian
Gillian, I have my ball python in a 4' tall by 2' square reptile glass terrarium, there is a basking light at the top of the enclosure and there is a hot rock (I know....hot rocks suck, but I have the one that is adjustable and it is set at around 85 to 90 degrees). the herp/invert room temp stays at a pretty constant temp year round and my ball still has the fasts every winter.
Ed

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Devildoll,
Thanks..:) I love my Otho..

Ed,
I put a red light at the "cool" end of his cage..to take the nasty chill out. (the cage is glass...4.5 feet long, 2 feet high, about 18 inches deep) The bulb is only like, a 50W. I don't have it aimed straight down, rather, towards a corner.

If I could move the tank away from the window, I would. However, there's nowhere else to put him..

Thanks for the suggestions..
Peace,
Gillian

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
atavuss,
How big is your ball python? cage height really doesn't matter with a ball python as they are mostly terrestrial.
floor space is more important.

I know some hot rocks look safe, but they arn't!! lose it. seriously. get a heat matt or human heating pad. hot rocks that are adjustable still have a habit of shorting out or overheating.