Pictures - Fresh Molt adult P,trans

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pictures - Fresh Molt adult P,trans

its finnaly a beautiful adult female, time to pump it up and mate her in 2-3 weeeks time!

my collection is complete for p trans exo!haha

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they don rot, they will dry up and become fragile thats y i have a layer of paper towel atthe bottom

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice. You could create a new kind of exuvae art. You should do some measurements and create a morphometric graph showing comparative growth rates of the various segments, that would be interesting.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's cool! I've got a female molting right now. I think I might have a small mature male but I'm not sure. I know it's a male but I'm not sure it's sexually mature. The chela are a lot bigger but it's pretty small. I sprayed an old exo with varnish a couple of days ago. Looks ok. Good luck on the mating!

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks mark, i collect the exo of allmy scorpion from I1 to adult hood. and the hardest seemt to be I 1 molt skin! i shall try to do that! haha that willbe in interesting graph

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice. You could create a new kind of exuvae art. You should do some measurements and create a morphometric graph showing comparative growth rates of the various segments, that would be interesting.
I have had this in the works for a while... My house lacks artwork and showing the progressive growth of my scorpions is a start. I figure about 3 specimen per frame from instar 2-6 or 7:)

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was just explaining to my buddy the concept of the exo art, I had tried to explain it before but he didn't really understand as he had never seen a series of molts like this. He came up with a nice touch to the so called "exo art". Wire a couple UV LED's into the case, the skins obviously won't always glow as vibrantly after time, but with the right balance it should be possible to get it to look nice. Good thought.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Absolutely stunning Scorpfanatic! Great collection of molt, I keep my Ts molts as well. That's not all from one scorp is it? There are too many at an even size. How many scorps is that from?

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
novak,

i started off with 17 speciment with 10:7 from two different family blood line. and as they grow i tradethem off and end up with 3 x 7th instar male and 1 x 8th instar female :) thats the reason for the multiple moult. :) maybe i can choose the best to do it and frame it up? haha think i really goona do that. shall go to ikea later hahaha.

JSN,

i think it should be one of the bigger desert species ard with mine nearing 12-14cm! and they r suppose to be some kind of venom spitting so i haven sen that but i sure will try :~P venom is sure high :)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
novak,

i started off with 17 speciment with 10:7 from two different family blood line. and as they grow i tradethem off and end up with 3 x 7th instar male and 1 x 8th instar female :) thats the reason for the multiple moult. :) maybe i can choose the best to do it and frame it up? haha think i really goona do that. shall go to ikea later hahaha.
Wow that is alot of scorps! How many molts did it take to reach adulthood? Wouldn't it have been better to have more females to breed rather then more males? Is there a special reason why you kept more males?

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nope it was luck. they kinda tell you the sex when they reach 6-7 instars,as males uaually matures at 7th instars, and females reaches 7thinstar faster, thats information collected by the speciments that i have sold, none had reach 7th instars yet.

females in my captivity moults 7 times to 8th instar adult female. while my males moulted 6 times to 7th instar adult male.

it was luck that im left with 3 males and 1 female. which i already sold one more male already . i have 2 males and 1 female.

a good reson to note . female speciment is much bigger then male. so havimg a spare male is not a bad thing jus in case the male is sarcrificies during the mating ( which happens quite often for P trans :))

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh and i jus cant keep all of them as they grow bigger because of space and also more room for other species! haha

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
nope it was luck. they kinda tell you the sex when they reach 6-7 instars,as males uaually matures at 7th instars, and females reaches 7thinstar faster, thats information collected by the speciments that i have sold, none had reach 7th instars yet.

females in my captivity moults 7 times to 8th instar adult female. while my males moulted 6 times to 7th instar adult male.

it was luck that im left with 3 males and 1 female. which i already sold one more male already . i have 2 males and 1 female.

a good reson to note . female speciment is much bigger then male. so havimg a spare male is not a bad thing jus in case the male is sarcrificies during the mating ( which happens quite often for P trans :))
Oh well ya that makes sense now. I find it really interesting that males have less molts to maturity before females.

The last reason, has got to be the best reason. Hopefully both pull through though and do their duty.

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hehe yeah. and thre screw up parts male don survive as lomg as females all the time :?