pics of togo's

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
does anyone have any pics of togo starburst's. i have heard that they get there white coloring after two inches well mines around 3 and still no sign of whitness except just a little white on the legs the rest is cinnamon

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
UHH.....why not wait for someone to answer your first post instead of constantly posting the same question over and over again( I think this is the 3rd one now). If you really want the question to go back to the top of the subject threads then jus post a response in your original post to bump it back to the top.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks for all the help there buddy, now that thats said you no longer have to read any of my post unless of course you weren't trying to be an ass. then i may have just took you post the wrong way it wouldn't be the first time i was wrong?!

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wasn't trying to be an ass just show you how the board works and why the repetitive questioning is tedious to other users. Welcome to the board! You'll eventually get the info you need and everyone here is helpful and a great bunch of people. Enjoy the board. You can also delete two of the other threads by using edit on your initial posts in each thread to delete it and it will delete the whole thread. Web based forums don't work like usenet. You'll get the hang of it. Sorry I can't aanser your question but I don't own a togo starburst yet but it is on my want list! Later :D =D :}

SurfinJB

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well I got my Togo at an 11/2 and it already looked like an India ornamental but alittle darker. In 2 months its 3-3 1/2in and is showing the whiter adult coloration along with the pinkish hairs.I don't know if the word "cinnamin"(spelling) could ever be used in describing my TOGO.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My togo never did get white on him at all because the males are more of a greeny gray color.

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I don't have any pictures of mine as they seem to be quite camera shy, but have raised them since they were 1st or 2nd instar. Now they are with their new moms, so... But mine never did have this cinnamon color you are talking about. Mine started out very brown and looking like a smallish wolf spider in coloration. They stayed this color until maybe 1½" in legspan and then they matched the corkbark they live on in the coloration themes. I doubt this has to do with the corkbark, just their natural camo... Some are a bit darker gray and others a bit lighter, but they all do still have brown in them. I wouldn't be worrying about their colors as it changes on these Ts with pretty much every molt until they're full grown. After that it may even vary. I'm not saying they do the magical transformations in color that one would see in say, an A.versicolor, but the changes are there and fun to watch. Just relax and enjoy the show :)

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
THESE ARE PICTURES OF MY H MACULATA THAT I HAVE POSTED IN PREVIOUS POSTS ON THIS BOARD. THEY ARE IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER SINCE SEPTEMBER WHEN I GOT IS AS A ONE INCH SPIDERLING. IT IS NOW FULL GROWN:

THIS IS A WEBCAM PIC OF THE SPIDER AFTER ITS FIRST MOLT WITH ME.

THIS IS ITS PALPAL BULBS RIGHT AFTER IT MATURED.

I seem to remember posting more pictures. Oh well.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
is it still that brown color? and anouther thing are these spiders picky eaters. mine ate two small crickets on the first day and hasn't eaten since. the crickets will crawl over its legs and not even the slightest reaction. but it was drinking from its waterdish this morning so thats a good sign.

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i just bought an h. maculata yesterday and it seems to be about 1 inch to about 1 1/2 inch big...and it has the "starburst" pattern on the carapace but it doesn't have the white color...i'm sooo hoping its a female and gets the white color!

Risto