pics of my other pets (snakes and rats)

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
since i only have a couple T's so far , i thought i'd share some pics of my other critters .

first the ball pythons .

a gravid female , she's due in about 2 weeks .

a yellow belly male locked up with a big normal female .

a couple of the females that will be ready to breed next season .

there are more females , but....

male pastel

female pastel

paulsonis

mexican rosy boas mating

coastal rosy boa

kenyan sand boas mating

and now some of the rats . i breed fancy rats for food for my snakes as well as selling them as pets .

well , that gives you an idea what i have as far as critters go . hope yall enjoy .

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
All the snakes are gorgeous, and all the rats are cute, but...

Those Pastels are amazing! I love the bright yellow/goldish color on them. Very nice.

Are those paulsonis babies or fullgrown? I've never heard of this species. Very nice.

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All the snakes are gorgeous, and all the rats are cute, but...

Those Pastels are amazing! I love the bright yellow/goldish color on them. Very nice.

Are those paulsonis babies or fullgrown? I've never heard of this species. Very nice.
thank you sir .

the paulsonis , also known as soloman island ground boas (Candoia carinata paulsoni) are all between 8 and 10 months old . not a lot of people work with these so they are not to well known . they're great little critters though with the females getting to between three and a half to five feet in length and the males usually under three feet .

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Solomon island boas! :eek: :worship:

I *wanted* to get one of these. But what I ended up getting was a TREE boa, not a GROUND boa, from the solomon islands. <EDIT> regal reptiles lied to me *grumbles* She's still an awesome snake, but definitely not what I was looking for. I wanted one of those cute plump little things, but she's all long and skinny, does make a great bracelet though (she wraps around things and ties herself in knots).

And the pastel ball is amazing... and good luck with the babies!! It'll be a while but you must post pics once the python eggs hatch. Heck, all the babies! Lots of breeding seems to be going on there, hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian F.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love the rosy boas -- my personal favorite. Please keep me posted on the breeding Mexican rosies.

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Send me a KBS pleasie! {D {D {D
i'm assuming you mean a ksb(kenyan sand boa) :D i only have the two for now , but hopefully they will be making more for me .

I love the rosy boas -- my personal favorite. Please keep me posted on the breeding Mexican rosies.
i'll be sure to post pics when the babies arrive , but i'm pretty sure that all the babies have been spoken for . unless they produce a very large clutch .

Solomon island boas! :eek: :worship:

I *wanted* to get one of these. But what I ended up getting was a TREE boa, not a GROUND boa, from the solomon islands. <EDIT> regal reptiles lied to me *grumbles* She's still an awesome snake, but definitely not what I was looking for. I wanted one of those cute plump little things, but she's all long and skinny, does make a great bracelet though (she wraps around things and ties herself in knots).

And the pastel ball is amazing... and good luck with the babies!! It'll be a while but you must post pics once the python eggs hatch. Heck, all the babies! Lots of breeding seems to be going on there, hehe.
as far as the paulsonis go , they are one of my favorites , but any of the candoia species are cool . thank you on behalf of my pastels :cool: i'll be sure to post pics of all the babies when they arrive .

thanks yall for the replies .

Last edited by a moderator:

Falyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The paulsonis are cute..I just orderd my first RTB so im just getting into the bigger snakes but they are beautiful..
and that first rat looks like Our pet rat scabbers

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, my solomon island boa is still pretty awesome. I'm not sure which species she is though. She's about two feet long, really skinny, dark mottle brown with an uneven broken up zig zag pattern, hasnt grown at all in two years. Still only eats tree frogs... going to work on that this summer though.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thank you very good picts as i had a bad day now your picts has made it better for me:clap: :clap: :clap: +++ phil

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks yall

Yeah, my solomon island boa is still pretty awesome. I'm not sure which species she is though. She's about two feet long, really skinny, dark mottle brown with an uneven broken up zig zag pattern, hasnt grown at all in two years. Still only eats tree frogs... going to work on that this summer though.
it sounds like you have a new guinea tree boa (Candoia carinata carinata) if you could post a pic here i can probably identify it for sure for you .

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool, well, here she is, see what you think!

She changes color sometimes, gets lighter/darker... pretty neat.

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
definately looks like a Candoia carinata carinata . a very nice specimen . if it is growing as slow as you are saying , it is probably a male . the males tend to be much smaller than the females . cant be sure on the gender though without either popping it or probing it . one thing i love about the Candioa sp is the ability to change from light to dark fairly quickly . my paulsonis will go from a light gray to almost black in as little as an hour .

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, when I got her, she was probed and said to be a girl. I think the main reason she's been growing so slowly is because for the first 8 months, she refused to eat. I tried every method of offering pinkies, tried anoles, to no avail. Finally I threw a spring peeper and she went after it... so once every few weeks she gets a treefrog because they're expensive... she's at home while I'm at college, I go home tomorrow, this summer I'm going to really work on getting her onto pinkies.

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i had to start my paulsonis off on house geckos . it took a while to get them switched over , but i finally did . you might want to try using house geckos as feeders for her . they are alot cheaper than buying tree frogs . you could also look for common toads as feeders . if you can find them then they are free . you can also use toads or frogs for scenting pinkies . good luck with getting her switched over to rodents .

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In the summer I'm usually able to find small frogs outside for her, but I feel iffy about feeding wild food, ya know?

The pet stores in my area, the geckos are just as expensive as the frogs. Though at one place, if the right person is working there, she gives me a discount because I explained they are feeders. And I might be working at that pet store so I'll hopefully get an employee discount, hehe. I'm going to try scenting pinkies and making them "jump" like frogs, because thats the movement she goes for. It's really fun watching her hunt.

I'm sooooo excited to go home today, could only take my tarantulas to college, nothing else, can't wait to see my snakes! I've also got a ball python, kenyan sand boa, the solomon, a corn and two eastern milks.

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
sounds like a nice collection . you should keep in mind that most frogs found in petshops are wild caught so catching your own is really no worse than buying them . the same goes for the house geckos that most shops carry . i hope she switches over for you quickly .