Species Grammostola rosea (a.k.a. Grammostola cala)

Kriegan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:clap: Beautiful rosie! I like those reddish and gold tones in the pics, very nice!:clap:

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The more I look at it, the more I think my "G. rosea" actually looks more like Paraphysa Scrofa, anyone on here have one of those and pictures? It doesn't really look like any other G. rosea I've seen, and I've seen a good number of them.

ShadowSpectrum

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The more I look at it, the more I think my "G. rosea" actually looks more like Paraphysa Scrofa, anyone on here have one of those and pictures? It doesn't really look like any other G. rosea I've seen, and I've seen a good number of them.
How large is your G. rosea? Paraphysa scrofa don't get very large if I recall, around 4", I think. Your spider looks like G. rosea to me, albeit a very beautiful one ;) .

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yeah, my spider is closer to 5" or so, definitely very different coloration than every other G. rosea I've seen though, it's also the only one I know of that won't eat any kind of roach. She only accepts crickets.

ShadowSpectrum

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, I would say you have G. rosea. Yours has an approx. 5" legspan which is too large for P. scrofa, the abdominal setae aren't nearly as wavy, the carapace just looks wrong to me, and it looks like the mirror patch on yours isn't as prominent as the mirror patch on P. scrofa.

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Lovely pics there-cant wait for mine to get like that. I'm keeping an eye on her expanding butt, surely she must be due a molt....

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P. scrofa

Here is my little P. scrofa that I purchased as a G. rosea. Skittish as heck but a beutiful little spider.

Aragorn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One afternoon, I went to feed my T's and found this guy just molted into a matured male.

I'm gonna pair him up with this big girl. I bet she can produce a lot of eggs!

This is my A. avicularia

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
poor rosie,made to wear pink when he should have been wearing blue ;)

Cool pics, and yes that is a nice Avic!

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got her for Christmas last year, and have really got the bug :8o for the hobby, Im now planning my second. I would really like a B. Smithi

These are all clickable thumb nails

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awww she's a cutie! Welcome to the hobby! B. smithi's are great Ts also, I really enjoy mine.

SkorpNtrants

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it looks pretty, although I do love the more colorful ones G rosea's remain to be my one of my favorites T, beautiful, hardy, and generally docile.