Pics of my Chilean rose

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think it's time to put my rosie on a diet.....I bought her about two weeks ago from the pet shop around here, since then she's only grown fatter. She thinks everything that enters her tank is food, including my fingers.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
pategirl,
She may be loaded with eggs. How fat was she when you bought her? Since Rosea's are wild caught, alot of them are gravid when caught.

Good luck with her,

Ern

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She wasn't quite as fat, but she was still a bit large for a normal rosie.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Our Rosies are fat like that. LOL.
I guess we arn't the only ones with chubby rosies. :)

I think ours are just from all the crickets they get though. :)

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Mine isn't nearly as fat as that, but she eats everything! Some say that their Rosie doesn't eat, but I throw two or three crickets in every two to three days and she eats them all within minutes. I think if I fed her everyday she would eat them all too, but I only feed her at most every other day.

Rob:)

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The twins feed their babies Everyday. They get off the bus. Come in, get their snack and eat it while saying hello to them. Then when their done I get them out the crickets and hand them to them. They give the Rosies one at a time. Usualy two or three per day. They stop giving the crickets when the rosies stop pouncing them. We've found if their not on them right away they don't want anymore.
Basicly it's the same stragaty with the others.
Except for the new baby tiny s'lings. They got their micro crikets yeasterday. I'm going to let them feed those every other day untill they get some more size to them. :)

But those rosies of theirs are FAT. Plump, round, chubby happy glutton spiders. :D