Pics From A New Board User

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice looking set-up, do you have the 2 rosea's in different enclosures?

Welcome to the site:)

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
spidertwin I have them in the same enclosure with a plexiglass divider her is a pic of it

Attachments

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice pics and T's!..here's a couple pointers though.I'd switch the substrate.Bark/woodchip substrates "may" harbor mites.Go to peatmoss,soil or vermiculite or combinations thereof ie:50/50 peat/verm or 30/30/30 peat/verm/soil etc.These are sterile mixes and will allow your T to burrow/dig also if it wants.The mix also retains moisture well to adequately allow for appropriate humidity levels.Also raise your substrate a little.If your T's climb and fall they may injure themselves critically(split abdomens).Most raise it to the level that the T can reach the substrate from the top while stretched out.Also definitely loose the sponge.After a while it'll harbor all sorts of nasties that are/can be harmful to your T's.Your T's are big enough to drink from the waterdishes.Use distilled water for your watering and misting needs to avoid water spots and mineral deposits on the glass....peace

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
that looks like a long drop for a climbing t too, id raise the substrate a bit. other than that great looking setup and nice t's. welcome to the boards.

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
pelo,
ty so much for the advice, i will definatly do that. i just upgraded my scorpian tank with soil and im definatly goin to do it tonight...watch for upgraded pictures tonight=D

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
pelo one last question,

when i upgrade the tank will i have to worry about never seenin my G. rosea's?

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think you should be alright..most rosies aren't big burrowers.They're more terrestrial and if anything will spend most their time in shelters and in plain view rather than digging burrows and hiding.I've got 2 rosies and they're in plain sight all the time and they've got the oppurtunity to burrow but never do.To avoid them climbing only mist half the substrate when you mist.I find my rosies abhor a wet substrate which usually makes them climb.A dry substrate "should" keep them from climbing and having to raise your substrate seeing how you have such a tall tank.Actually the water dish you have should provide enough humidity for your rosies.Maybe only mist during molts.My rosies do just fine with just a water dish for maintaining adequate humidity for them...peace....

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pilo and Crew...updated G.Rosea Tank

ok here is some pics of the updated G.Rosea tank...I hope this is more suitable for them

Attachments

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Looks nice. I have a similar setup for my A. seemanni as your rosie tank. I must warn you, though. That log may get funky after a while if the substrate is too moist. I switched the log with a flowerpot. Those are also much cheaper. :D

N.

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
actually im not keeping the soil super wet im keepin it spray bottle moist cause i dont want excessive moisture in my tank...maybe in the future i will change the burrow logs but they are real happy now...thanx for the advice:? =D

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Looking much better Psycho.You're rosies will do well with that setup.Actually you may not even need to mist the substrate.That water dish should provide adequate moisture/humidity for your rosies.Not misting the soil will also aid in mite prevention and if crickets happen to lay eggs,will help prevent them from hatching.It'll also help keep your log from molding up.I keep most all my terrestrials and aboreal substrates dry.The only substrates I usually moisten is for burrowers.It helps to keep humidity up inside their burrows,especially at molting time and they usually spend most their time in the burrows.I periodically mist my aboreal/terrestrial tank walls and their webs for extra moisture/humidity for species that need it.These are general guidelines.You should always check for species requirements/needs.Yours should do just fine with your setup.Rosies are hardy and easy to keep and do well in varying conditions...peace..

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Psycho
actually im not keeping the soil super wet im keepin it spray bottle moist cause i dont want excessive moisture in my tank...maybe in the future i will change the burrow logs but they are real happy now...thanx for the advice:? =D
psycho, no need to mist as your t will do just fine with a water dish. I have kept grammostolas, aphonopelmas, brachypelmas and other "dry" speices with only a water dish and they all have molted fine. IMHO they do not need the extra humidity and most of them do not even like to get wet from misting. I do not even moniter the humidity in any of my t's enclosures anymore, I feel if they have access to water they will hydrate themselves as needed.
Ed