Picked up another P. imp

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
today i bought a female emp for my very horny male emp. and right now im waiting for my new emp to finish its cricket before i put him into the tank. im going somewhere in about 20 minutes and im worried that they will fight and no one will be there to break it up. im trying to put it in already so that they can hopefully settle their matters before i leave but lets see what happens

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Fu**

damn it, she ran into the hide i made her so i hope my man doesnt find her until i get home...

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry to much about it. I'm sure you'll see some initial "action" between the 2 but it they usually stop after a few minutes and then become best friends. If your lucky they'll even hold hands ;)

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry to much about it. I'm sure you'll see some initial "action" between the 2 but it they usually stop after a few minutes and then become best friends. If your lucky they'll even hold hands ;)
yeah i hope so

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well I'm speaking from experiance. But there are those few occasions that some people have of really aggressive emps.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I'm speaking from experiance. But there are those few occasions that some people have of really aggressive emps.
I happen to be one of those few people who has 2 overly aggressive female P imp. I can't allow her to cohabitate at all or they will kill each other and the male

you just have to watch and make sure they dominance thing doesn't go too far.

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I happen to be one of those few people who has 2 overly aggressive female P imp. I can't allow her to cohabitate at all or they will kill each other and the male

you just have to watch and make sure they dominance thing doesn't go too far.
well if that happens, what should i do, like keep seperating them or something?

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah im back and the female emp is sleeping in in some burrow it made on the corner and the male is still in his hide since i left....

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
From the looks of things, you don't have anything to worry about.

If the do start fighting and it goes from a "who's the boss?" to a "I'm gonna Frellin' kill you" your options are to have the in separate tanks or hope for the best and keep them together

Hasek

Arachnopeon
I have a similar situation. I bought a female emp for my male. When I put them together, there was some fighting but it didn't look too serious. Agression came form female. After a couple of days they are each in seperate burrow and still argue when they meet. The male usualy starts to shake, i'm guessing that is some sort of mating behavior? How long does it usualy take before they breed? I'm really hoping that they will make some baby emps {D

Some photos of them and enclosure, please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. And yes, the bigger one is female.

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a similar situation. I bought a female emp for my male. When I put them together, there was some fighting but it didn't look too serious. Agression came form female. After a couple of days they are each in seperate burrow and still argue when they meet. The male usualy starts to shake, i'm guessing that is some sort of mating behavior? How long does it usualy take before they breed? I'm really hoping that they will make some baby emps {D

Some photos of them and enclosure, please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. And yes, the bigger one is female.

hmm its probably nothing just the female isnt ready. my male basically shot her up with sperm the same day i bought it, and they didnt need flat area either they did it on the bark. they may have already mated just that you were asleep or were gone.