Picked up 3 slings

Flannie

Arachnopeon
1 inch B. klaasi
Very excited about this one ! Fingers crossed that it's female. I've included a picture. IMG_20200729_123816827.jpg

3/4 inch C. versicolor
Really pretty, and has webbed up a storm

3/4 inch P. regalis
I got this as a freebie and I'm going to be honest I'm a little nervous about this one. It's my first OW but so far it's been less bolty than the versicolor so I'm not stressing yet.

Still on the hunt for a B. auratum and D. pentaloris !

fried rice

Arachnoknight
Can you get pictures of the other enclosures? The substrate your using in the brachypelma klaasi enclosure isn’t suitable.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Can you get pictures of the other enclosures? The substrate your using in the brachypelma klaasi enclosure isn’t suitable.
It looks like vermiculite to me, and if so, this is what most keepers used back in the day.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I have a Klaasi sling as well. Yours has mine beaten out by a cm though 😛

Out of all my really small slings that is the one I can't wait to get into that juvie/sub-adult phase....though that should be a while!

Much success to us both 🙏

rock

Arachnoknight
Nice! I just picked up a couple B. klassi as well. auratum would be amazing :) Be sure to share pics when you find one plz
I dont see anything wrong with your sling or substrate

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Vermiculite is fine, by itself it’s a bit spongy for them to walk on and doesn’t pack very well. It’s inert and holds a good bit of moisture when needed though
I would likely use it as a component not the only ingredient