Picked this T up for $25! Now what is it?

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
Went to a lps to get some feeders. This T was sitting there listed as a "striped white knee" and they didn't know the scientific name. Got it with a hide and large critter keeper for $25. About 4-5" legspan and there's parts laying around from a recent molt I suppose.

Hopefully this link works, I'm on my phone.

Last edited:

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
your facebook pictures have privacy controls on them, i think.

until you post the pic where we can view it... i think the common name you listed is for A. seemani, right?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
your facebook pictures have privacy controls on them, i think.

until you post the pic where we can view it... i think the common name you listed is for A. seemani, right?
Well "stripe knee" is A. seemanni. Maybe it's an A. geniculata or other Acanthoscurria.

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon

and a useless ventral pic lol. my cell phone isnt cooperating tonight. Be nice if it was a female.

DansDragons

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Definitely Eupalaestrus campestratus - Pink Zebra Beauty. A female to boot.

steal of the year so far..wowie.

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
Wow thanks guys. I'm not sure what the story was with this. The guy told the other employee to just include the container/hide because thats what it came in, so I wonder if someone just turned it over that couldnt care for it anymore. Hopefully there isnt anything wrong with it. I was in a bit of a hurry, and overly excited since..it was a big T for $25 that wasnt G.rosea at petco lol. They had an 4-5" B.vagans for $69 and a 1" N.chromatus for $45 I believe, which I thought was a bit high for both. When I saw the price on this one, I thought it was a mistake.

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Cool great deal!!!..Love it when the seller doesnt know what they are selling!...I came up on a female pulchripes 4-5'' for 50 bucks about a month ago this way...Congrats!

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Once again I am envious. I kinda want a PZB but I'm not sure why...

ErinKelley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's a great deal! I've wanted a PZB for awhile now too. Lucky!

I agree it looks like a female. (even luckier) :)

Johnny1320

Arachnopeon
A guy I know I guess checked it out before but didnt buy it. He spoke to the employee who said the previous owner got spooked because it threw a threat at them. I could/can barely get her to move into her new housing. But she did try to kick a little hair. Very slowly though lol.

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great Buy

Almost ANY adult T that's no a Rose-Hair of Pink-Toe for $25 is a good buy. Even if it turns out to be a Seemani or Accantho. Sp. If indeed it is a PZB, then that's a GREAT buy!

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm in love - whatever this is, I WANT ONE ... the consensus seems to be that this is E. campestratus - where has this species been all my (short) Tarantula career? Beautiful spider, and beautiful portraits! Whatever you did, however you did it, ya did good! (I promised myself that I had reached my limit ... but promises are made to be broken, right? Now the question is, which piece of furniture to I sacrifice to make room for one more?) ...