Picked out a new emp yesterday...

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And i had 15 to choose from....heheh

Of course i picked the fattest adult female. And sure enough...4 days later , i caught a glimpse of her with a back full of little white babies!!!! =D =D =D

My poor G-friend, A. bicolor is arriving tommorow morning:(

Mat

Gone to find some more deli cups....

CID143ti

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats. That’s just a little added bonus. Good luck with that A. bicolor. I really get a kick out of mine…they are some of my favorites.

W. Smith

Andrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
good job, were did you pick your emp? how come you dident get a.australis?

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sold out ...for now.

I`m rebuilding all my invert setups into shelving units. There all gettin a little switcharoo in cages , well 4 tanks are anyways. I`m gonna remove her from the tank she`s in , cause of the two other males in there. Luckily she hasn`t had a chance to burrow too deep,not like my males, so i just pretty much have lift a rock and scurry her into a deli cup. I will be placing her in her new ten gallon setup, with a pre-dug scrape to minimize stress.

Will post results.

Mat

I got her at "le salon du chien et plus" Boulvd "laGappe" Gatineau
Tell them Mat sent you and they should give a you deal on 2-3 or more.

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well i made the transfer and found there was 10 in total. 1 was even clinging to the head of one of the males. I placed them on her back and she decided to eat two of them one that fell off and one that was too close to her mouth as she was eating the other one. I quickly put two crickets(delegged ) in her way and she grabbed both of them. she eating all this practicly at once.But has slowed down with the crickets in her gaping jaws. Hope that `s all for the canabalism....I sould have just placed he in her own tank at first. Ah well , live and learn.

Mat

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well she came out of her burrow tonight and i noticed she had many more young on her back and maybe more in the burrow!!

I thought it was kind of small litter...........

Mat

Gonna get the count later..

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It took mine at least 48 hours too have all of hers was 23 total lost 3 too her eating them that i know of.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congratulations! I have an adult Emperor scorpion named Destroyer and I love her to death, gravid or not.

Last edited: