Arachnobaron
Aphonopelma. I love them the best.

Edit: REASONS:

1. Dwarf options available
2. Beautiful
3. Huge color range in specimens
4. Calm and slow
5. Local
Man, you stole mine! I love Aphonopelma. There's something about them that makes me want to keep every species on the market.

Swagg

Arachnoknight
Avicularia for me. I love arboreals, my A. Avic never hides and it eats like a champ.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Nhanduuuuuuuu!!!

Amazing eaters, nasty attitude, fast growers, insatiable appetite, and oh-so-fluffy. Nhandu for life.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I recently acquired a Nhandu (chromatus) s'ling, @EulersK. Do you think I will like it? It is hard to tell what you think of them based on your post, stop being so vague and spit it out.. ;) :D

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
Such a difficult choice. I would have to go Avicularia. There a quite a few colorful and interesting species in the Genus. And for the most part they are not too shy like my Pokie is. I rarely see my P. rufilata except during feeding. Beautiful spider though. I may rehouse him soon in an enclosure that will make him easier to see.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Thanks for the heads-up. Based on your unbiased response, I just tossed it into my L.P.

She hated it.

Taysha

Arachnosquire
Poecilotheria Or Aphonopelma I just truly appreciate both for opposite reasons! I love the speed and elegance of the Poecilotheria, their patterns are striking but there isn’t much variation. The Aphonopelma have the calm and more relaxed demeanor, and I don’t know there is just something special I appreciate about these guys :)

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Easy choice for me. Brachypelma all the way. Stunning colour patterns, fairly consistent appetite, mostly docile and quite long-lived. Add to that they are almost always out on display makes it a no-brainer for me. I already have a boehmei and hamorii. An emilia, klaasi and albiceps added to those two would make things perfect.

Don't get me wrong, auratum, baumgarteni and smithi are gorgeous in their own right, but I prefer to have a handful of Brachys that at least look fairly different from each other.

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Cyriopagopus/Haplopelma for the win!!! Granted, I've only kept 3 different Cyriopagopus sp. so far, but I adore the variety of patterns and colors these Ts possess, and I love their feisty personalities.

Disclaimer: Only the C. lividus and C. albostriatus photos are mine.

Cyriopagopus lividus (Cobalt Blue):

Cyriopagopus albostriatus (Thai Zebra):

Cyriopagopus minax (Thailand Black):
upload_2020-1-20_0-51-22.png

Cyriopagopus doriae (Borneo Orange Fringe):
upload_2020-1-20_0-44-58.png

Cyriopagopus schmidti (Chinese Bird Spider):

Cyriopagopus vonwirthi (Vietnam Earth Tiger):