Pick one genus

asunshinefix

Arachnosquire
I'm torn between Grammostola and Pamphobeteus. Pamphos are so gorgeous but I'm equally obsessed with my G. pulchra. And my G. pulchripes. And even my angry old mature male porteri; I love his attitude but he's not especially difficult to deal with for a defensive dude. And sometimes I just stare at my G. actaeon for ages because she's SO FLUFFY. I just like easy, beautiful terrestrials I guess.

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
Homeoemma... I know it's limited, but if we had to choose just one, the Homeoemma Chilensis are our favorites. They have so much personality!

Asmiro

Arachnopeon
Wasn’t expecting this many people to reply but it’s great to see everyone’s opinion. Was expecting to see people choose more old worlds for some reason than new worlds. Also, taking a look but pokies being the most commonly chosen OW doesn’t surprise me too much.

Jonas0

Arachnopeon
Not a tarantula, but I'm absolutely in love with linothele. One of the most amazing spiders in the hobby in my opinion. :)

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Poecilotheria. Large, colorful, fast, challenging, and rare in the wild. I'm looking forward to working with Phormingochilus though, they might supplant the pokies in the future.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would choose between my favourite 2 genus. Pterinochilus and Phormictopus! But i think i woul go for Phormictopus. Why? They are extreamly good looking, they get large and they generally have character! I like spiders with attitude! They mostly derives from the west indies, and i personally likes the west indies! And most of them are fast growing!
But mosly i like them for their looks and coloration!
But there are many nice spiders so its hard to just keep spiders from one genus!

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
A fella loves his Psalms. Well-rounded, attractive genus with a decent amount of variation size/looks, fun webbing/burrowing behavior, some of them are reclusive but others are out in the open regularly, fantastic appetites, nice growth rates, no urticating hair, relatively easy to breed.... I can go on. ;)

I also enjoy that OW 'tude in a NW packaging. :D

Ian Brush

Arachnopeon
I would choose Grammastola just for the pulchra.

Thankfully we don't actually have to make this choice ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
What’s the temperament on the Cotztetlana like? I’m considering one because their back legs are so MEATY! LOL.
They're generally pretty calm. They can be a little skittish in terms of running to the burrow when disturbed, but are generally pretty out and about and laid back. Good eaters too.

fried rice

Arachnoknight
Dolichothele because they are small and don’t have any urticating hair. They are also really beautiful! My first tarantula is a dolichothele diamantinensis :)

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Screen name says it all! But I have to add that I absolutely love my Grammastolas as well.

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
If I had to choose one genus, then Brachypelma. Full grown Brachys look absolutely amazing. And they are always out!

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It changes by day/week/month/year between Aphonopelma, Brachypelma, and Pterinochilus.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I think that if I had to choose one genus, I would choose Pamphobeteus. Large size, aggressive feeders, and a simply stunning array of bright, brilliant coloration. Someday (when my budget allows), I'd love to get a P. ultramarinus. Stunningly beautiful.