Pick one genus

wingedcoatl

Arachnopeon
Grammostola wins out for me. Decent variety of colors and temperaments, no serious venom, and easy to care for. I'd miss out on some of the bigger and faster growing species, but it's a trade I'll take.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Grammostola wins out for me. Decent variety of colors and temperaments, no serious venom, and easy to care for. I'd miss out on some of the bigger and faster growing species, but it's a trade I'll take.
Not all of them are slow growing. Grammostola pulchripes is medium and actaeon, iheringi and grossa are all medium/fast. And some of them can easily get 7"+ and look even more impressive because of their glorious bulk. They are definitely faster growing, and get larger, than Brachypelma overall. Plus, they are always out where you can see them once they reach a decent size.
My only complaint with them is that there aren't enough species available to me in Canada and the less common species cost a fortune.

wingedcoatl

Arachnopeon
Not all of them are slow growing. Grammostola pulchripes is medium and actaeon, iheringi and grossa are all medium/fast. And some of them can easily get 7"+ and look even more impressive because of their glorious bulk. They are definitely faster growing, and get larger, than Brachypelma overall. Plus, they are always out where you can see them once they reach a decent size.
My only complaint with them is that there aren't enough species available to me in Canada and the less common species cost a fortune.
I guess I'm just comparing relatively the ones I've kept (porteri, rosea, pulchripes, pulchra) to bigger, faster growing Ts like Lasiodora sp, A geniculata, and T blondi. My avatar is my 10 year old G pulchripes, which seems to be taking her sweet time molting and refuses food pretty regularly in the interim between molts. It's like she went from sling to maturity fairly quickly and then went into power-saving mode lol. She definitely grew faster than my B hamorii! She is pleasantly chunky though compared to everything else I've kept. Neat to hear that there are some faster growing species in the genus, definitely worth checking out!

Marika

Arachnoangel
Grammostola. I don't have a lot of experience yet, but I love my G. pulchra and my G. rosea sling is my other favorite atm.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Just one is pretty brutal but the P.muticus is my favorite tarantula. I do love my theraphosas too though, why just one? Lol
Your basically limiting yourself to one single spider though.

So many other genera with more species, you effed up lol. o_O

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Your basically limiting yourself to one single spider though.

So many other genera with more species, you effed up lol. o_O
No I didn't. My favorite tarantula is the P.muticus therefore my favorite genus is the pelinobius. I don't regret my answer the least, best old world fossorial EVER!

FinnMosin

Arachnopeon
I guess it would have to be Psalmopoeus. Less limiting would be a single family. A lot more genera to choose from within a family, but more or less a similar “type”.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
One? No limits!

Top 3:
Homoeomma
Avicularia
Thrixopelma (1 species)

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Arrrrgh! My favorite three genus of Arachnids are: Ceratogyrus, Poecilotheria and Pterinochilus. But if I'm forced to choose just one.....Pokies! Great display animals, varied and fast growing.