Pick one genus

Asmiro

Arachnopeon
So I see someone made one of these back in 2017 but it’s the same idea with a little bit more added. If you were forced to keep only one genus which one would ya choose and why?

Personally, I don’t have a lot of experience so my choices are limited, but I would pick Avicularia genus. Love arboreals and I like the webbing they make high up.

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
Phormictopus. My sp. purple has the best feeding response out of all my spiders, T. stirmy included.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Brachypelma. There is a lot of variety, they get big enough to see the colors and patterns easily, and they're very easy to care for.

Asmiro

Arachnopeon
Poecilotheria easily. Big, colorful, fast growing, etc.
I would of chosen pokies if I actually had raised any. Definitely on my list whenever I am ready for them. They are really beautifully, especially the metallica.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
What @nicodimus22 said. Plus (and a HUGE plus), always out, unlike those "big, colorful, fast-growing, etc." pokies. Call me crazy, but I actually like to see a spider when I look into the enclosure, but that's just me.

Honorable mention: Pamphobeteus, Phormictopus.

Last edited:

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I’d flip a coin between Poecs and Psalmos. The Poecs look a little cooler, but not when they’re hiding.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Harpactira (not my top favorite, as Homoeomma and Euathlus take that spot), it is a genus filled with very underrated species.

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
I have to say Homoeomma, because I don't want to live without my little dirt architect. :p
I feel the same way about my weirdo Bumba cabocla. :) Plus the genus name is just the best, so Bumba it is!

What I wouldn’t give for a Bumba horrida, the slightly different looking version of the cabocla :p (For real though..:greedy:)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Grammostola... hands down. I can't get enough of them.

Grammostola pulchra
DSC07129-2.jpg

Grammostola pulchripes
DSC03470-2.jpg

Grammostola porteri
DSC02051-2.jpg

Grammostola grossa
DSC00408-2.jpg

Grammostola actaeon
DSC01109-2.jpg

Grammostola iheringi
DSC07032-2.jpg

Grammostola rosea
DSC05781-2.jpg

Grammostola sp. Concepcion
DSC01335-2.jpg

Grammostola sp. Formosa
DSC02776-2.jpg

Cas S

Arachnoknight
im gonna pull a smart one and say haplopelma/cyriopagupus/lampropelma/omythmus/phorminghocholis because all the species are being moved around

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
Either Brachypelma or Poecilotheria all the way
Both have amazing colors and Brachys are always out
Pokies are fast growing and big and beautiful