Pic request(slings only): Nhandu(black&white/red&white), A. chacoana, and A. seemanni

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Like the title states im looking for sling pictures of Brazilian Red and White (Nhandu chromatus) and/or Brazilian Black and White (Nhandu coloratovillosus). Also looking for sling pics of Bolivian Salmon (A. chacoana) and Costa Rican Zebra (A. seemanni)

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How small a spider do you want pics of? I have some of N. coloratovillosus ( Brazil black and white ) if you want larger sling / juv pics.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How small a spider do you want pics of? I have some of N. coloratovillosus ( Brazil black and white ) if you want larger sling / juv pics.
im mainly looking for pics in the 1/4"-1 1/2" range, im just woundering what they all look like as slings as i have an option to get a freebie at swifts. Though i would like you to post your pic actually

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The tarantula picture forum can be very helpful............

But when it comes to slings that small a lot of them look like. I dont know how much Iding you can doing with pics and something that small.

Check out that section though, I am sure there are a few pics that will help you out.

Boo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Steph,
How do you get yours out for a picture?
If mine even suspects your looking it runs into its burrow :wall:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I suspect she keeps hers in a small deli where there is no where to go.
I do the same thing till they starting getting to 2.5-3" then they get their own Kritter keeper.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The tarantula picture forum can be very helpful............

But when it comes to slings that small a lot of them look like. I dont know how much Iding you can doing with pics and something that small.

Check out that section though, I am sure there are a few pics that will help you out.

well ive noticed at 1 1/2 inches many slings start showing color and pattern, especially viewable if good pictures are taken

btw thanks for the pic steph

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
im mainly looking for pics in the 1/4"-1 1/2" range, im just woundering what they all look like as slings as i have an option to get a freebie at swifts. Though i would like you to post your pic actually

At that size, some of the slings mentioned would be almost impossible to tell what species they are.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At that size, some of the slings mentioned would be almost impossible to tell what species they are.
yea but not if the seller bought them from a breeder who knows exactly what they are. Im sure at 1 1/2" one could tell at least some differences between these 4 kinds i mentioned when looking at a photos.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
yea but not if the seller bought them from a breeder who knows exactly what they are. Im sure at 1 1/2" one could tell at least some differences between these 4 kinds i mentioned when looking at a photos.
THe Nhandu probably, but the other two could be harder.

Photos aren't even 100% in accurately IDing adults, what would make it possible with slings. Especially with several Acanthoscurria spp. and Aphonopelma spp.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
THe Nhandu probably, but the other two could be harder.

Photos aren't even 100% in accurately IDing adults, what would make it possible with slings. Especially with several Acanthoscurria spp. and Aphonopelma spp.
so your saying if there were 4 side by side pictures(closeup quality pictures) of each of these slings at say 1 1/2 inches one wouldnt be able to sell any differences?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
so your saying if there were 4 side by side pictures(closeup quality pictures) of each of these slings at say 1 1/2 inches one wouldnt be able to sell any differences?

At 1/2 inches, most likely yes, but you said 1/4" too. Also are you sure you have those species and just don't know which is which? Cause I thought you were asking us to ID them from all other T species.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At 1/2 inches, most likely yes, but you said 1/4" too. Also are you sure you have those species and just don't know which is which? Cause I thought you were asking us to ID them from all other T species.
yea i agree at 1/4" no, but i def. think at 1 1/2" one would see differences.

I wasnt asking for an ID, just a picture request. And no I dont have any of these. If you go to swiftinverts.com you will notice they are the current freebies he is offering and I just was woundering what they all look like as slings. If I had all of these and wanted them ID'ed, well then i would ask for an ID.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
yea i agree at 1/4" no, but i def. think at 1 1/2" one would see differences.

I wasnt asking for an ID, just a picture request. And no I dont have any of these. If you go to swiftinverts.com you will notice they are the current freebies he is offering and I just was woundering what they all look like as slings. If I had all of these and wanted them ID'ed, well then i would ask for an ID.
Ah alright, see I thought you didn't know what you had. Sorry about the confusion.

Even at 1" though, some slings can't be IDed.

I'll try to find some pics for you.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah alright, see I thought you didn't know what you had. Sorry about the confusion.

Even at 1" though, some slings can't be IDed.

I'll try to find some pics for you.
No problem, and yea I agree T's in the same family might be harder to tell apart at that size than totally different kinds. But ya thanks i appreciate you lookin for some pics(ive been lookin to lol)

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Steph,
How do you get yours out for a picture?
If mine even suspects your looking it runs into its burrow :wall:

I took this picture when I first got the sling and put it in the Tupperware container. After it built its burrow it also would hide. I make it a point to handle all my T’s container as well so they do not immediately bolt, which is nice when picture time comes. Even my H maculata will stay out for a little while before it retreats to its burrow now.

Steph

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here is a pic of a ¼ baby….guess what it is…..it’s not one you asked for but hey they all look the same at this size.

Steph