pic of vietnam black

albob

Arachnopeon
here is a link with a import list for the uk which has both vietnam black selenocosmia sp and thai black haplopelma minax being sold/imported side by side and i have been told they are extremely similar like a lot of sp, at the mo im going with it but if i find in the future im wrong then i apologise for getting on my high horse,

http://www.faunaimportuk.com/inverts.htm

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

albob

Arachnopeon
could it be poss they are just very similar or do you think this is a huge foul up, im getting a little bit down about the companies that are selling them if they arent getting it correct its hard enough to tell some sp anyway, iv sent an email to the co i got mine from to see who tells them the sp (id like to get to the bottom of this)

cheers for the help peeps might of uncovered a conspiracy here, all the same its still a nice t hey

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You can try but even experienced people are having difficulties with the Asian taxon. If you plan the breeding of these species it is not only essential but a dire must.

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
pictures of them for sale exactly the same as mine selenocosmia sp please look

http://www.southcoastinverts.com/products.php?cat=20&pg=3
The best thing about that link is that on the same web site they have a pic of Pterinochilus lugardi labeled as Pterinochilus murinus and a Pterinochilus murinus (red colour form) labeled as Pterinochilus sp. which although not really wrong, it does however suggest that the sp has not been described which it has.

yes you can quite easily find who works with these if you go onto sites which tell you about recognised and unrecognised sp, i think you may find there is heck of a lot of them so to say you know better than scientists and importers well il let you work that out
Can you link some of these sites please?
So which scientists are you talking about here? Oh and which importers?
Cheers and all the best
Chris

albob

Arachnopeon
Call it what you will. It is still one good looking T.
tottaly agree i have basicaly submited to being completely wrong however if you see a lot of the sites advised on this forum they sell them aswell so it aint just me lol,

i will get the links for you, it is quite easy to find sites of people who study them just be cheeky and pm them most contacted me back

il ask if you can speek to the guys who work in the field to, i met them in asia when i was travelling years ago and kept in touch as friends so cant give thier adresses without thier permission,

just thaught id add befor anyone says the friends who work in the field work with all kinds and are hard to get hold of for times and they dont keep them as pets

Last edited:

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It could probably do with something better than that awful substrate.