pic of vietnam black

albob

Arachnopeon
sorry could not get a better pic she went strait to the ready made hole when i got her

albob

Arachnopeon
it is a vietnm black selenocosmia sp they are for sale all over the uk and have spoke to people who know about this sp (pros) by email because there is not a lot writen on them, if you find a site with scientists etc who work in the field they will tell you what they are, tarantulas are known to be extremely hard to identify by people who study them all thier lives so why are you arguing with the people who sell and import etc more than just one company but hey im sure you are right and everyone else is wrong, pluss even i can tell its not haplopelma schmidti, i just thaught id share it with you as its a new to the hobby and classified as unnamed selenocosmia sp should have realised someone would dissagree with the scientists who say it is a new sp, sorry for being a bit anoyed but why cant you join in with decent cments instead of trying to look good proving peopl wrong and just looking daft

Last edited:

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
it is a vietnm black selenocosmia sp they are for sale all over the uk and have spoke to people who know about this sp (pros) by email because there is not a lot writen on them
Interesting does anyone know who are the people that are working on these and are saying this is a new species from Selenocosmia?.

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
Yep almost deffo it is a Selenocosmia sp. as you can tell from the chevrons on the abdomen. I don't know about you but I can't think of any Selenocosmia sp. that lack these.

believe what you want but talking crap is more fun than not!

albob

Arachnopeon
hang on your right i think its a cat

thanks for the support guys nice to see people interestd in the ts, besides the unbelievers who obviously are not interested in new sp i think its a beutifull t and im glad to have it, it sertainly has a lot of personality

yes you can quite easily find who works with these if you go onto sites which tell you about recognised and unrecognised sp, i think you may find there is heck of a lot of them so to say you know better than scientists and importers well il let you work that out

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it is a vietnm black selenocosmia sp they are for sale all over the uk and have spoke to people who know about this sp (pros) by email because there is not a lot writen on them, if you find a site with scientists etc who work in the field they will tell you what they are, tarantulas are known to be extremely hard to identify by people who study them all thier lives so why are you arguing with the people who sell and import etc more than just one company but hey im sure you are right and everyone else is wrong, pluss even i can tell its not haplopelma schmidti, i just thaught id share it with you as its a new to the hobby and classified as unnamed selenocosmia sp should have realised someone would dissagree with the scientists who say it is a new sp, sorry for being a bit anoyed but why cant you join in with decent cments instead of trying to look good proving peopl wrong and just looking daft

DUDE! calm down! you listed it as a "Vietnamese Black" do you know how many different common names there are for the same spider?! i was asking if it was a H. Schmidti to know what the Latin (Scientific) name was one the spider. thats great that its new to the hobby...how bout next time using the scientific name on it and that will cut down on people wondering what it is! common names are CONFUSING!!!!

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hang on your right i think its a cat

thanks for the support guys nice to see people interestd in the ts, besides the unbelievers who obviously are not interested in new sp i think its a beutifull t and im glad to have it, it sertainly has a lot of personality

yes you can quite easily find who works with these if you go onto sites which tell you about recognised and unrecognised sp, i think you may find there is heck of a lot of them so to say you know better than scientists and importers well il let you work that out

when did anyone say they knew more than the scientists and taxonomists studying them?! dude! READ YOU OWN ORRIGINAL POST!!!!! you NEVER mentioned a scientific name!!!!!!! just "vietnamese black" man common names could be anything!!!!!! what we were trying to figure out was what it is!!! now that we know the scientific it clears that up doesnt it?! it IS a beautiful T! but before you start criticizing other people....try figureing out WHY they are asking the questions that they are asking!

albob

Arachnopeon
sorry i apologise for being a bit ratty i have done so much research on this sp because its new and not much at all written on them (litteraly emailed everyone in the biz and read all over the web), i used the common name mainly because it still hasnt been scientificaly named yet but thaught i wrote selenocosmia sp so its me that looks daft

apologies to everybod however i have noticed this being done to a few people on this site thats why i jumped in a bit quick

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sorry i apologise for being a bit ratty i have done so much research on this sp because its new and not much at all written on them (litteraly emailed everyone in the biz and read all over the web), i used the common name mainly because it still hasnt been scientificaly named yet but thaught i wrote selenocosmia sp so its me that looks daft

apologies to everybod however i have noticed this being done to a few people on this site thats why i jumped in a bit quick
i TOTALLY understand. ive seen it happen as well. i, personally, am not one to do that. i really was just trying to figure out what it was (scientific) but it really IS a beautiful T. Are they only native to Vietnam? or can they be found in other areas as well? how did you acquire this one? i might like to add one to my collection too!! you guys in the UK get all the new exciting stuff!!!

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
Yep almost deffo it is a Selenocosmia sp. as you can tell from the chevrons on the abdomen. I don't know about you but I can't think of any Selenocosmia sp. that lack these.

believe what you want but talking crap is more fun than not!
I have never noticed a chevron pattern on S. himalayana. (Am I not looking close enough?)

I guess I will dig mine out of the burrow for a closer look!

albob

Arachnopeon
they seem to be all over the uk at the moment seen them on a few sites, as far as i can understand they are only native to vietnam however it is realy hard to get info on these i asked a fella who studies ts and he basicaly said what we already know they havnt got much on them yet,

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have never noticed a chevron pattern on S. himalayana. (Am I not looking close enough?)

I guess I will dig mine out of the burrow for a closer look!
Tescos wasn't being serious. ;) :rolleyes:

If you want to know what you have for sure, find a qualified taxonomist to send either a molt to or, later, the dead specimen. Until then, you're just not going to know for 100%.

Sending out emails asking what your new "Vietnam Black Tarantula" is is pretty much pointless.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hahaha:D
you crack me up bro

albob

Arachnopeon
Tescos wasn't being serious. ;) :rolleyes:

Sending out emails asking what your new "Vietnam Black Tarantula" is is pretty much pointless.
YET AGAIN CONFUSION i didnt send out emails asking what my t was i asked if they could tell me about the vietnam black selenocosmia sp as i couldnt find anything on it , the replies i got were confirming that there was the vietnam black recently found not yet named and told me how to keep it and explained how it looks (im reasonably sure all the importers and sellers etc in the uk cant be wrong), i know you cant tell the sp just by looking at it on a pic i have read i bit over the last 30 years i just havnt kept them for long

sorry better add they were toxonomist and others were people who study them in the field who i have spoken to a few times over the years on my travels

Last edited: