Pic of my T eating a lizard -- she's HUGE!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
here are some pics of one of my G.rosea's eating an anole. I know we've all fed em many times, but alot of people want to see pics of this, so what the hell :) Plus she's SERIOUSLY the biggest G.rosea i've seen! I've got some comparison shots next to a big organic potatoe!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
here's the bitch next to an (almost) 6 inch organic idaho spud... its insane, she's so big! it's cool. We call her the bitch cos she's real fang-y... She doesnt bite, she just always has her fangs out, even when youre holding her.. She's REAL nice, but its unnerving as people are like "uh, why are her fangs on my hand"...

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
She looks like a he, if that's a tibial spur in that one pic. Can you post more close-up pics?

bill

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by invertepet
She looks like a he, if that's a tibial spur in that one pic. Can you post more close-up pics?

bill

Yeah, I'm going to have to second that. I didn't notice anything until Bill said something, but now that I look at it, there definently appears to be some sort of spur there.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm going to have to third that..

Yeah, by the way, those are 2 different T's .. my bad

the one eating the anole is a HE of course, and the one next to the potato(e) is a girl...

What can I say, its finals time in my first year of Medical School -- i'm wayyyyyy tired :)

and yeah,by boy (eating the anole) just made his sperm web -- i'm going to mate him sometime i think.. i know a bunch of people that want some G.rosea's

Again,sorry for that - I'm not that stupid :)
thanks!
peace

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That poor little adorable lizard!!!!!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
dont worry, the anole was a pet of mine that kicked off early. As for why she kicked off, i'm still not sure. I've had her for a while, and maybe she was just sick of not getting laid too much, i dunno.

no worries tho, godzilla -- she wasn't bought just to feed, though I don't have *any* problem with that. I just figured since they lived next to each other, there would be some level of karm-ic recylcing :)

plus i bet that thing tasted damn good to a T!

peace

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldn't have fed anything that died from unknown causes to another pet.

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My rosie is nearing 7inches :p It'd dominate your male spider

It's 'illegal' here in the UK to feed live vertebrates to animals

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
welp i fed it to him, even with unknown causes. He's damn happy and healthy and its been a while.. i had that anole a long time.. as long as it wasnt mites or something like that, i dont mind...

you gotta realise that that happens in the wild too. and who knows what youre getting when you buy feeder animals (crickets/mice/anoles/roaches/etc..) from any store. At least i raised this lizard and knew it was clean..

plus again, i bet it tasted damn good!

peace,
dave

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
More than one person on this board has used anoles as feeders. In fact, I think the one reason some said it wasn't a good idea is their uncanny ability to remove tarantula legs. I myself would do it if they weren't so expensive here in the city.

Bill

paolo_28

Arachnopeon
Nice shot's. Can't wait till I start feeding my Rose Hair small fuzzies.

Paolo:D

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice shot's. Can't wait till I start feeding my Rose Hair small fuzzies.
Have you fed a T a pinky or a fuzzy before? I never did, cause people said that they smell, and fly are attracted to the dead body... Creepy...

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i've fed fuzzies before, but the problem lays, as usual, in the harm the food can do to the eater...

i have a big ole G.rosea and she refuses pretty much ANYTHING except mice and butterflies or moths (exoctic, yes, but ahappy T? YES!)... she wont take any anoles, roaches, crickets, or anything like that. i've tried beef heart, pre-killed crickets/roaches/anoles, nothing, except mice and butterflies or moths...

the thing is, she can take a big size mouse, however she'll take that pre-killed, cos i wouldnt want that mouse turning around and getting a good gnaw on my T's legs.... those mouse teeth are wicked! Even though they die pretty soon from the venom, still..

so just make sure the fuzzies aren't too rambunctous so as to hurt your T... see if she'll take it pre-killed. It is pretty wicked to watch it happen, i'll tell you that. it's like HARDCORE nature channel in your T room :) you'll take pics, i promise :)

peace,
dave