Pic of Chilean rosehair burrowing

BugBoyX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got done reading the Chilean rosehair care sticky and was really kind of confused about the fact that it said that Rosehairs don't burrow. I've had mine for about 10yrs. now and every cage I've had her in she has tried to burrow. The pic is of Pink with a large "mouthful" of substrate that she is digging out from underneath a peice of cork bark. She's dug quite a little "den" for herself under it, moving quite a lot of substrate. I was really amazed to see her "dig" like this. I figured Ts just kind of dug like a dog....just kicking and pushing substrate with their legs.....didn't know they bundled it up to carry from the burrow. Really cool......I watched her for about an hour doing this...she carried out about six loads of substrate in her chelicerae and walked them to the far end of the cage and kind of spread them out into the ground.

BugBoyX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't know why pic didn't work..try again.

Last edited:

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I've read in their native habitat they are burrowers with depths up to 18", and the lack of burrowing in captivity is just a result of being captive