Pic of Avic Sling

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey folks,

I just couldn't keep from showing a picture of one of my babies. I obviously have no way of determining the sex yet, it is just barely 1". I names him/her Nijinsky (after the Russian ballet dancer), because it seems to be a good "dancer". What a jumper. I am almost afraid to open the container, but fortunately Nijinsky is not that skittish. "He" spends almost all of his time on the lid and has even begun a small web there. The picture is taken with him on the lid. Isn't he handsome/pretty =D =D ?

Bryan

Attachments

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Bryan,
Yes that is a very good looking Avic.:)
Hope you do well with it. I bought an A. avic last night. I'm hopefully seting it up correctly. It's not very active at all. Hasn't eatten yet, no webbing yet. We'll see.

Good luck with yours,

Ernie :confused:

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Baby pinktoes are absolutely adorable :) I have three, myself. I can't get enough of those reversed colors!

-Bryan

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My 1 inch pinktoe spiderling doesnt have those light colored legs like that. She is jet black and she has pink striped markings on her abdomen.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

cool pic bryan, i love avics myself, i went into my room last night and noticed my 1'' pinktoe just molted again ''its'' about maybe 1.25-1.5 of an inch now, i'm currently waiting to get 2 adults very soon, maybe i can breed em, or do the communal setup thing--Jeff

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
how cute :)
One of my 1.5" versis molted yesterday, it's still the electric blue, but now with a hint of other colors, and nice abdomen striping. I love the way Avics change color with each molt!
I now have them at all color stages, from a .75" sling, to a 3.5" juvenile. I can't get enough of them!

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I gather from the response to my pic that A. avicularia is a popular T. I'll have to say that of the four slings I have it is the neatest all around. BYW, are there any other slings that have such long legs compared to the cephalothorax/abdomen? Is this more typical of the arboreals? It certainly explains why Nijinsky is such a good jumper.

Bryan

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Great little one you have there Bryan! And yeah, the long legs are typical to the arboreal Ts. I think the Pokeys may have the longest legs of them, from the looks of one of mine at least :D