Phyrnus marginemaculatus pics

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice shots! Mine are still juvie's and much smaller than that :)
Did you sex them yet?

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice pictures, I want to get some of those, saw one at the LPS the other day.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice. Those are adults? They're little! I guess I didn't realize just how much of a giant D. diadema are.

I love these creatures, it's endlessly fascinating to me all the different ways arachnids have adapted to different environments.

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Couldnt remember where i posted this lol, im sure i've posted more pics somewhere but i cant find them, sorry if its a double post but i'll add the latest pics later :)
I havent sexed them yet, although i think i have spotted what i think might be 2 spermetaphores which is very good news :D
Fed them last night, both took a cricket each at the same time :D

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

Here's the other photo's, sure i posted them somewhere before :?

Spermetaphore?

Physically they are both basically the same, one however has a very slightly narrower adbomen, it is also got a very slighty green hue on the abdomen and slightly brighter legs. Seeing banshee's photo the males can sometimes look very different to the females in colour. So it looks like the more colourful one could be the male and the all gray one the female :)
There 2 do show similar behaviour to my male and female D.diadema, the supposed female is a bit shyer a little like my D.diadema, and the "male" is often found hanging in the same spot under the bark around the spermetaphores, fingers crossed :)

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It does look like a spermatophore, but I am not totally sure it is one. You could take a mag glass and look at the bottom of the stalk, you should be able to tell the difference between a spermatophore and plant material.

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It looks to be made of the same materail as the Damon spermetaphores, the 2nd one that appeared looked exactly the same, they just appear on the bark so im very hopfull they are spermetaphores, everything points to that :D

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They are native to Florida, as far as i know a bunch of bug dealers over there in the US regularly collect some. As for outside europe they are VERY rare, probably a couple of people have them scattered through europe and as for the UK only 1 dealer imported 15. I ordered 5 but apparantly they had a mass die off so i only got 2, not sure how many was left but i just really hope i can get them established :D

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Here's some more photo's, i only have just the one now, might be the only one in the UK :(