Phrynus longipes female with babies

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The babies hatched out last night.
DSC_0007 (2).JPG DSC_0011.JPG

Two of them fell off her and she never picked them up (I don't know if Amblypigid mothers even pick up fallen young), so I removed them. Hopefully they survive without her.

DSC_0006.JPG

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice, congrats on the young! Great to see people breeding more amblypygids!

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So cute! Sorry about the two that fell off. Unfortunately, in my experience (with D. diadema), any babies that fall off that young aren't going to make it - but if they do pull through, I'd love to hear how you did it!

Congratulations on the rest of the babies!

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So cute! Sorry about the two that fell off. Unfortunately, in my experience (with D. diadema), any babies that fall off that young aren't going to make it - but if they do pull through, I'd love to hear how you did it!

Congratulations on the rest of the babies!
Thanks. I remember a thread from a while ago where someone raised a few babies that had fallen off (or maybe their mother died? I don't remember exactly) and successfully got them to 2nd instar and beyond, so hopefully these two pull through.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So the two that fell off while hatching into first instars just molted into second instars, at the same time as their siblings still with the mother. I will reintroduce these two to the others shortly.

DSC_0008 (2).JPG

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
Awesome result! Nice to see more than once that it is possible to save babies that fell off the mother.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome result! Nice to see more than once that it is possible to save babies that fell off the mother.
Indeed. I didn't do anything special for them either, just carefully placed them on a piece of torn egg crate on some substrate.

Spores

Arachnopeon
Glad to see some success in keeping the two younger ones alive! Keep us updated. I would love to see more cb amblies in the US hobby.