Phrixotrichus vulpinus

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yea. I’m in love with color pattern and abdomen hair patch
i haven’t seen them for sale. Only a few yrs ago they were extremely rare in captivity, and some breeding efforts failed. I haven’t checked lately.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I just looked it up and wow, that's a beautiful tarantula! I saw that someone had these and to be honest I'm pretty bummed because it's far too cold for me to order spiders at this time :( . Stunning species.

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
A lot of the imports(wild caught) brought in the hobby died and if I'm not mistaken all the breeding attempts have failed

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Really? Nice. But me personally, I wouldn't because they really don't do well in captivity
Yea. I heard about that. I was wondering why. What requirements do they need that is not in captivity. Btw how’s your projects going.

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
Yea. I heard about that. I was wondering why. What requirements do they need that is not in captivity. Btw how’s your projects going.
I've heard it's because they live in the mountains and very high elevations, so in captivity it's very hard for us to replicate the conditions in those areas which they need to thrive.

T. blondi, T. apophysis and Cyriopagopus sp. bach ma should be ready to breed this year. Thanks for asking!

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
I've heard it's because they live in the mountains and very high elevations, so in captivity it's very hard for us to replicate the conditions in those areas which they need to thrive.

T. blondi, T. apophysis and Cyriopagopus sp. bach ma should be ready to breed this year. Thanks for asking!
Have you looked at that listing, there's some pretty wild species on there. Wonder how they got imported from chile legally.

Personally if I had the chance at a vulpinus I'd go for it.

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
Have you looked at that listing, there's some pretty wild species on there. Wonder how they got imported from chile legally.

Personally if I had the chance at a vulpinus I'd go for it.
Chile?? Isn't Chile closed on exporting tarantulas??

Talked to Martin some time ago, he was actually offered tarantulas that are currently not available in the hobby from Brazil such as Ephebopus foliatus, etc. But he denied because it was a shady man and almost all of the specimens were wild caught slings and adult

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Chile?? Isn't Chile closed on exporting tarantulas??

Talked to Martin some time ago, he was actually offered tarantulas that are currently not available in the hobby from Brazil such as Ephebopus foliatus, etc. But he denied because it was a shady man and almost all of the specimens were wild caught slings and adult
Mhm

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
This is some juicy stuff lol
I just hope some real breeders end up getting their hands on the stock so stuff like that doesn't happen much again in the future.

On the bright side, since they're slings it's possible they came from a Chilean breeder (still likely illegal but less harmful than stealing MF from the wild)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There is a seller selling spiderlings on arachnoboards
I wouldn’t trust a single Chilean listed. Not the seller, but the source. So many of these Chilean species are misidentified.

Someone bought a sp Condurito from Jamie’s years ago. It’s a beautiful species. I almost bought it but passed. Too rare, too good to be true. I was right, the owner posted after it got older, it’s not condurito.

I feel that will happen here. Hope I’m wrong, but won’t hope with my money.

There are tons of these small to medium species from Chile, over 20+ from what I’ve seen so far. Some of them look so similar.

Last edited: