Photos To Sex By

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Hi, my chaco just shed today and so I took these photos to share. I know that a lot of people have wondered about how to sex their spiders from a molt and these pics show what the female plumbing looks like. In the first one I used a piece of paper behind so that it was more clearly visable. If your T's shed skin only has a tiny wrinkle or seam between the forward pair of book lungs it is probably male. Please keep in mind that you need a spider to be at least 2" before you can attempt to sex from a molt. The female that this skin is from was about 6-7 " before her molt. Anyone who wants to use these for a web site feel free, in fact, if anyone wants the originals (very large, high res pics) you can email me and I will be happy to send you a zip file with them. I also have a closeup pic of the pumping stomach that I'll include.

Gail

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Excellent photos Gail! Great stuff. Thanks.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
GIRL spider private parts

Here is the genital (I SAID GENITALS !) opening of a female tarantula. I didnt take this pic, but had it stored on my computer. I have no clue where I got it from !:?

Last edited:

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Oh, great pictures, INCREDIBLE pictures Gail. I wasnt trying to steal your thunder ! I wish I could take such incredible close up shots !
Gail, if your spider just shed, can we see a pic of her too ???

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Well, after her ordeal of shedding Kumari wasn't in a very photographic mood so here's the best I could get and a closeup of the golden leg striping.

Gail

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I love how close-ups of spiders develop an almost surreal look.

Cheers,
Dave

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great pics...

Wicked good pics there Gail. As always great closeup.
Phil