Photos of adult P.metallica and P.miranda here

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,
For those not on the arachnid_world or pix lists, here are two new photos from Thomas Märklin from Switzerland. The first is a P.metallica female, the second a mature male P.miranda. I think the photo of the P.metallica is the fist public photo of a mature female (both the shots on Guy Tansleys and Rick Wests sites are of juveniles). Same with the P.miranda.

Here's the links:
P.metallica
http://www.poecilotheria.com/galerie_poe_met_1.htm

P.miranda
http://www.poecilotheria.com/galerie_poe_mir_m.htm

Enjoy,
Steve

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WOW!!! The P. metallica is awesome looking!!! Thanks Steve!!

Andy

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't get the whole P. metallica thing. I guess I must be missing something or its completely over my head. :? :? :?

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
wow

Hey thanks steve thoes pics are the awesomest and coolest oh man I cant wait to get a pokie even if it isn't metallica:p
any ways have anice day
geo

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Wow!!!! The first one looks like a pokey crossed with a lividium. The BEST of both worlds, color and markings! Awesome!

:D THANK YOU BIG TIME FOR SHARING!:D

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont find the metallica all that special but a photo is a photo, maybe more striking in reality.

/Lelle

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Not all that striking? Good grief man, check your contact lense prescription :)

In general, pokies don't do that much for me and I don't have any, but if P. metallica ever hits the U.S., I'll be changing that (and probably spending more than I should for a spider).

Blue is such an unusual color for Ts, and the Blue/Grey/Black color scheme is a very nice twist on the general pokie patterning.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Personally, I don't think that particular photo does the P. metallica any justice at all. I had the pleasure of seeing some P. metallica slides during Andrew Smith's presentation at the ATS conference this year. The slides that were shown there literally gave me chills. The blue and yellow contrast was nothing less than mind blowing. There was also a slide of the underside colors....I can't describe it, you'll just have to wait and see.

Either way, Thanks Steve. :)

Atrax

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
P.metallica are overrated to me, thats not to say there a cool spiders and i wouldnt want one but i just think there overrated

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
Personally, I don't think that particular photo does the P. metallica any justice at all. I had the pleasure of seeing some P. metallica slides during Andrew Smith's presentation at the ATS conference this year. The slides that were shown there literally gave me chills. The blue and yellow contrast was nothing less than mind blowing. There was also a slide of the underside colors....I can't describe it, you'll just have to wait and see.

Either way, Thanks Steve. :)

Atrax
I have a picture of a p. metallica exuvia dorsal side and it was more colorful then that photo from poecilotheria.com.
Comp photos can mess it up, either way.

Same with any colorful t - bring it out in the sunshine and the colors emerge beautifully. In the terrarium they can look very drab and pale.

/Lelle

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

impressive poecs:), i woud'nt say that their overated, think about how many are going to be imported ,not much prolly and some of the other poecs have'nt been established yet!(striata, subfusca, rufilata, to name a few), what an awesome chance at a super rare t--Jeff

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Buspirone
I don't get the whole P. metallica thing. I guess I must be missing something or its completely over my head. :? :? :?
The fact that it's a bright blue and yellow Poecilotheria?
Some of the pictures I have seen of this spider are truly phenomenal - the ventral colouring in particular is insanely bright.

Also there's the small matter of these not being seen for something like 100 years until Rick West found one a couple of years ago I believe (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that one)

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've got to agree with Atrax. After seeing Andrew Smith's presentation on the pokies and the slides, I was pretty much speachless... which if you'd spent any time around me at all at the conference, you'd know that's a pretty big deal. I've yet to see any pictures of the P. metallica that even compared to what he had. On top of that, he said the pictures didn't do the spider justice.

If you aren't impressed, then you must share a bed with a bevy of supermodels.

Botar

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am really impressed... Beautiful T's :D

Thanks for sharing these amazing pics :)

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
I've got to agree with Atrax. After seeing Andrew Smith's presentation on the pokies and the slides, I was pretty much speachless... which if you'd spent any time around me at all at the conference, you'd know that's a pretty big deal.
If you aren't impressed, then you must share a bed with a bevy of supermodels.

Botar
*lol*
Peace,
Gillian

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hm, that P. miranda looks fine, just like any other pokie, but not like a 150 dollar spider :? I guess I'm just blind, but I don't see anything of the purple thingies I have seen from other pics...

Dennis