Photos and UV light

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm trying to get a couple nice UV shots on my digital camera, but I'm having a hard time. My problem is, when I set the camera for night shots, they turn ou tblurry because I can't hold the camera steady enough for that low of a shutter speed. Any tips, better settings, etc?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, you need to have the camera on a stand or set it on something stable while it's pointing at the subject. I always use the 10 sec timer that's built into the camera in situations like that so I'm not touching the camera when the shutter opens. Does yours have a timer? ..might not but I think most they make now do but I'm not sure about that. Also do you have a low light setting mode? You'd have to look under "menu" on your camera. You may have to turn off the flash too if it's going off on "auto".

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm trying to get a couple nice UV shots on my digital camera, but I'm having a hard time. My problem is, when I set the camera for night shots, they turn ou tblurry because I can't hold the camera steady enough for that low of a shutter speed. Any tips, better settings, etc?
Getting tripod is probably the best solution.

Xaranx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is what you need.

With a bottle for reference.

The legs extend to twice the height so its very versatile, works perfect for me. And taking night shots, you'll need one of these. Very sensitive to vibration cause of the low aperture and high exposure.

Last edited: