Photographing Myriapods in a Cave-Need Help!

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So, I live in area with an abundance of caves and cave creatures. I have a friend who explores them, and picks up trash for the honor. I'm in contact with him and a few other people about getting access to some of the locked caves, or at least info on caves that aren't locked yet.

This is ONLY going to be for taking pictures. I will not be taking ANY specimens. So please, do not even ask.

*The only exception would be zoos, or University affiliated researchers, and even then, I would not collect, without a having a U of Texas biologist in there with me, saying that it is morally, environmentally, and legally okay.

Which brings me to my point. How am I going to take photos of centipedes and millipedes in the dark? Haha, yeah, Flash, I know. But a little more than that? Anyone have any ideas? Suggestions?

I will have a A49 black light. A red/white light low powered headlamp. Maybe a bright white light if needed. I will be shooting on a 6mp digital elph camera.

Anyone have any ideas? thanks, r

P.S. One of the more interesting species I want to photog is a small white, cave only millipede. I'm worried about washing it out with the flash. (and apparently it curls up at the first sign of light. That's gonna be hard!)