phormitopus cancerides (haitian brown)

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
got a huuuuge female. what temp/humidity do these guys encounter in their natural environment? what has everyone else been keeping theirs at?

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats!! I wish I knew what sex mine is. As far as how we keep him/her, we keep the house warm, so we don't supply extra heat for any of our T's, we give ours a light misting once a week now because its so dry. In other words we keep our Haitian brown in the same conditions we live in.
By the way if you have never had one before, you are in for a treat. Just wait until you see her nail her first meal!!!

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats!! I wish I knew what sex mine is. As far as how we keep him/her, we keep the house warm, so we don't supply extra heat for any of our T's, we give ours a light misting once a week now because its so dry. In other words we keep our Haitian brown in the same conditions we live in.
By the way if you have never had one before, you are in for a treat. Just wait until you see her nail her first meal!!!

well....thats another thing...she hasnt eaten since ive had her home. its been about a week and a half. she not in pre-molt and shes very active at night. lol...and when i say huge i mean HUGE!!! she was quite well-fed by her previous owner. shes about 8" and FAT!!! ABDOMEN is a little larger than a golf ball...so yeah...lol shes a big girl...but i dont know why shes not eating now. ive offered her crix and a blaptica dubia roach.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am due to receive a female juvenile next week. In the meanwhile I am scouring previous threads and reading on their care and am shopping this weekend for all the essential supplies.

Looking forward to getting my hands on this T. ;P

Last edited:

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
got a huuuuge female. what temp/humidity do these guys encounter in their natural environment? what has everyone else been keeping theirs at?
Keep like L parah, Nhandu, Acanthoscurria etc. Room temps (70-80F) are fine for all species of Ts.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got mine bit more then 4 yr now
damp and 72 or so, she dont dig, but like to web sumtimes
and also she got real nasty attitude, shez mommy's girl, hehe ;P

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i've always kept mine at about room temp and misted every so often with a waterdish in the tank. although i do have a large fishtank in my room, making my it a bit different normally. never had any problems, though. she's perfectly healthy and eats like a rabid bear.

Johnny_27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow i thought you were holding her for a second there:eek:

Anyways, i keep mine as i keep pretty much anything else too. Mist once a week and dont get my hands too close.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
beautiful girl!!! ill try and take/post a pic of mine today sometime...

also...a bump to my last reply...

-...she hasnt eaten since ive had her home. its been about a week and a half. she not in pre-molt and shes very active at night. lol...and when i say huge i mean HUGE!!! she was quite well-fed by her previous owner. shes about 8" and FAT!!! ABDOMEN is a little larger than a golf ball...so yeah...lol shes a big girl...but i dont know why shes not eating now. ive offered her crix and a blaptica dubia roach.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
beautiful girl!!! ill try and take/post a pic of mine today sometime...

also...a bump to my last reply...

-...she hasnt eaten since ive had her home. its been about a week and a half. she not in pre-molt and shes very active at night. lol...and when i say huge i mean HUGE!!! she was quite well-fed by her previous owner. shes about 8" and FAT!!! ABDOMEN is a little larger than a golf ball...so yeah...lol shes a big girl...but i dont know why shes not eating now. ive offered her crix and a blaptica dubia roach.
I wouldnt worry about, mine goes wit out food is longer as 3mo, then eat like a pig, I hever saw her underweight
ya know what they say 'bout big bottom girls {D
jus make sure watter is avalble, mine sitts in her dish sumtime, I overflow her watter dish every 2 weeks or so
make it damp, and her hide is higher in de other side of her thank
good luck wit her, even tho they are grumpy, mine have lots of personality, they are real fun :D