Phormingochilus sp. Sabah Blue

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Anybody heard of Phormingochilus sp. Sabah Blue? Is this a morph of everetti, or is this completely separate sp?

Since ive been gone it appears theres all sorts of new and fascinating ts i can only dream about getting my hands on. I know these have only recently been discovered/rediscovered, but im curious if anybody has had any luck getting them stateside.

Can somebody give me any solid info on (or possible tips/leads on how to aquire) this beauty?

Last edited:

creepa

Arachnoknight
I am afraid that there is still no one here to help u...
This sp. is still not established enough in the hobby yet...

Holly Szymanski

Arachnopeon
Anybody heard of Phormingochilus sp. Sabah Blue? Is this a morph of everetti, or is this completely separate sp?

Since ive been gone it appears theres all sorts of new and fascinating ts i can only dream about getting my hands on. I know these have only recently been discovered/rediscovered, but im curious if anybody has had any luck getting them stateside.

Can somebody give me any solid info on (or possible tips/leads on how to aquire) this beauty?
Have you gotten your hands on any yet? I have mine being shipped with a buddy of mines this week. They are here in the US.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not yet holly. But yes they agould be here today? I have a handful coming this week or maybe next (havent checked) along with a few other things as well ;)

Last edited:

Minty

@londontarantulas
TSS are selling slings of these at the moment. Tempted.

Has anyone kept them?

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes. Since this post i aquired 3 slings and a 6.5"dls female that is now close to 8"dls

1st pic is of immature female at 6.5" (yes immature)

2nd is of finally mature adult 20180508_161834.png 20181111_162458.jpg 7.5"+

Last edited:

Minty

@londontarantulas
Yes. Since this post i aquired 3 slings and a 6.5"dls female that is now close to 8"dls
Would it be possible to post pictures of yours?

Do they require a typical arboreal set up with moist substrate?

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just edited the post..

And yes theyre typical asian arboreal, so a tall tank with deep moist sub works best.

They are very reclusive and youll almost never see them, but when you do theyre a sight youll love.

I had problems with my group of slings when they made their debut to the US, and they ultimately all died of unknown reasons. My adult is doing perfectly fine

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This girl is probably the fastest and and meanest spider ive owned, which isnt suprising as its "Phormingochilus".
Only other spiders comparable to her are akcaya and carpenteri so it must be the genus

Minty

@londontarantulas
Just edited the post..

And yes theyre typical asian arboreal, so a tall tank with deep moist sub works best.

They are very reclusive and youll almost never see them, but when you do theyre a sight youll love.

I had problems with my group of slings when they made their debut to the US, and they ultimately all died of unknown reasons. My adult is doing perfectly fine
What a species. I am in love. Thanks!

Richard Ramey

Arachnopeon

5 Apr. 2021 received one this weekend. About 2+". Learning and searching for information myself.