Phormictopus Cancerides..

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Quick question for the folks who own these... another one on my near future "to buy" list, but want to make sure im getting what im seeing.

Is Phormictopus Cancerides same as Phormictopus sp. Purple? They look the same to me just wondering if both names accepatable for same T, or are they of diferent varieties?

Thanks for the help :)

Hope everyones 8 legged friends are doing well ;)

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
where sis you see this Phormictopus sp. purple? that souns like an unnamed species if thats the case.. like Cyriopagopus sp. blue. P.cancerides should be called P.cancerides unless someone doesnt know what they are talkin about.

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Arachno, I was looking thru the Genus Phormictopus picture thread and there are a few in the middle pages that are labeled that way. Thats what got me questioning if they are both the same or not.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well they shouldnt be the same. if they are some are just mislabeled. but P.cancerides can be nice and purple!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've never heard of them being called that, but they do have a purple tinge when they get to adults. Any idea how long ago the reference was made?

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thnx a bunch, thats the answer I was lookin for :) Checked some F/S lists and they are quite resonnably priced.

They coloration is very appealing, and with the good price guess im gonna have to get one ;)

Thnx again

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mina, The pics where posted Feb. 06 they are on Page 3 of the Genus picture thread... sorry didnt grab the link :eek: