Phoneutria pictures

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Interesting markings on ventral abdomen and pedipalps. I don't envy your upcoming separation spiderlings- good luck! Watch those fingers...

Bjoern Elksnat

Arachnosquire
You can see on these photos (not in that row..) following species:

- Phoneutria nigriventer ex Paraguay
- Phoenutria fera ex French Guyana TCF
- Phoneutria fera ex Peru RCF
- Phoneutria keyserligi
- Phoneutria pertyi
- Phoneutria boliviensis ex Iquitos, Peru

No problem to separate, I catch the eggsacs already when the time has come and I incubate them

I hold them for more than 3 years now, and these species are really not the monsters the whole internet tell...

As a popular German breeder has told me in the past in my personal beginningwith Phoneutria species:

"Hey, they are only spiders, too!"

When we keep them with respect, not with fear, keeping them is satisfiying and safe - IN THE RIGHT AND EXPERIENCED HANDS!!!

LG Björni

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can see on these photos (not in that row..) following species:

- Phoneutria nigriventer ex Paraguay
- Phoenutria fera ex French Guyana TCF
- Phoneutria fera ex Peru RCF
- Phoneutria keyserligi
- Phoneutria pertyi
- Phoneutria boliviensis ex Iquitos, Peru

No problem to separate, I catch the eggsacs already when the time has come and I incubate them

I hold them for more than 3 years now, and these species are really not the monsters the whole internet tell...

As a popular German breeder has told me in the past in my personal beginningwith Phoneutria species:

"Hey, they are only spiders, too!"

When we keep them with respect, not with fear, keeping them is satisfiying and safe - IN THE RIGHT AND EXPERIENCED HANDS!!!

LG Björni

I see you just want to open the can of worms.

"I hold them for more than 3 years now, and these species are really not the monsters the whole internet tell..."

1-Who said they are monsters.

2-What that sentence means? They are potentially deadly. What so you mean , they are not ? Just because they didnt bite you yet that means they are not extremely dangerous? So again, how are you proving your statement?

"When we keep them with respect, not with fear, keeping them is satisfiying and safe - IN THE RIGHT AND EXPERIENCED HANDS!"

So just because you hold them without fear, they magically wont bite you and their venom turns mild.
So because you respect them, to keep them is safe.
What respect means, do you say good morning and good night when you go to bed? Or have a nice day when you live for work?

So respecting the animal means that no accidents are possible?.

How can you put "respect" and and "handling" into the same sentence?

It is SO easy to understand YET so complicated for some to grasp.

Last edited:

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
very cool...here is hoping....I have found that slings eat small spiders readilly [parasteatoda -steatoda and latrodectus slings] Is this something you observed also

Ammo87

Arachnopeon
Wonderful

Thanks for the article send more. And I am glad they arent the monsters everyone make them out to be. Thanks Bryon

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
yeah...trolls...well back to my original question on feeding slings...my observations so far have been that they more readilly take to slings of other sp...is this something you also observed or do you do the fruit fly feedings

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
If you were referring to this:

Then yes, you're right.

Really, guys?

Yes, beautiful spiders.

Why does Paul get flamed for holding an Andro but this guy doesn't get flamed for holding a Pho?
Well unlike others we would like to learn-enjoy be in awe and not flame...but then your post could be considered troll like , but then ya did say they are beautiful spiders:rolleyes:
any thoughts on sling feedings......

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well unlike others we would like to learn-enjoy be in awe and not flame...but then your post could be considered troll like , but then ya did say they are beautiful spiders:rolleyes:
any thoughts on sling feedings......
how is joe trolling? or do you just think anyone who disagrees with someone is a troll?

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have been catching, keeping,feeding and reading about spiders ever since I learned how to walk and read pretty much. Believe me, I think Phoneutria are gorgeous.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Admin Note

Attention Everyone: PLAY NICE! I'd hate to have to lock this one ... :embarrassed:

And in the spirit of remaining on topic, they are beautiful indeed. :)

Debby